superfob

Whats Up With Itchy Skin?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know why my scalp is super itchy whenever its kind of hot/warm or I'm eating something spicy? I also get itching over my body - but not too bad. I know that seems like a normal reaction - I use to get it, but now its amplified like 3 or 4 times. There no bumps or red spots, so doesn't seem like any skin condition - but its definately gotten worse since I had all my health issues. I'm thinking it has something to do with the nerves - since I have random pains/tingling/numbness in my body.

For me itching was a sign of (yet another) food intolerance :P

For me itching was a sign of (yet another) food intolerance :P

Was the itching right after you ate something? And what was the food group?

Was the itching right after you ate something? And what was the food group?

No, it was not an allergy type response, but rather a delayed intolerance response. Nightshades and soy both did it to me.

I know your question was to Mushroom, but I would venture a guess on your food intolerance to be the Nightshade family. All peppers are included as well as eggplant, tomato, potato and tobacco and I recently read Goji berries are also in that family.

If your reaction was to spicy food, my thought is the peppers. This may mean you cannot tolerate even bell peppers or paprika which are in the nightshade family.

Just something you can try to eliminate...not certain if it is the case for you or not.

Good luck.

The only difficult thing about avoiding nightshades for me is missing the tomato sauce on gluten free pizza. :)