Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sa1937

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Sorry, I don't get to check this site very often. My mom has been having heart problems, so I have to take her to her doctor's appointments.

The cake turned out well, however, VERY rich for someone who doesn't eat a lot of sweets! I froze the majority of the cake, but haven't checked to see how it tastes afterwards. I'll let you know when I do. Thanks so much for the help.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad the cake turned out well and yes, it is rich. That's why an 8" cake will make 12 servings. I'm going to bake it tomorrow for Easter.

I've had this cake and it's VERY yummy. I particularly like the ease in making it! I find it to be best served with vanilla icecream and homemade whipped cream. It takes the edge off the rich chocolate, because it is VERY RICH!.

I've had this cake and it's VERY yummy. I particularly like the ease in making it! I find it to be best served with vanilla icecream and homemade whipped cream. It takes the edge off the rich chocolate, because it is VERY RICH!.

Glad you liked it! My non-gluten eating family liked it, too, when I made it for Easter. It is rich so hence it's important to have very small servings. First time around I made it exactly...this time I didn't use all the ganache as I wanted just a glaze and not 1/2" thick ganache in the middle. The ganache could easily be cut down to make half or two-thirds of the recipe. I stuck my leftover ganache in the freezer thinking it could be remelted and added as frosting on a pan of Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies.

Your suggestion of serving it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream sounds great. I think it would also be yummy served with a raspberry coulis or just garnished with fresh raspberries. I also want to find a source for raspberry chocolate chips. I used to be able to find them locally but the store doesn't carry them any more.

I made the flourless choc cake today for DD's 14th birthday & frosted it with betty crocker frosting. 5 out of 6 ppl loved it. It was easy to make & I did use the expresso thinking it was a necessary thing even tho it says optional I thought it would be better with it. After I made the cake I read the other page with the pictures & learned I could've used vanilla extract instead of the expresso. Next time I will.

I used a heart shaped pan (that i just got after valentine's day for 1/2 price)

We were stuffed from a rib dinner so only ate a very small piece ea. But I can imagine it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to tone down the richness for those who aren't die hard chocoholics.

Cupcakes next time!