Rate this topic

I made a lemon meringue pie yesterday (my husband's "birthday pie" :) ) with Whole Foods Gluten Free Bakehouse frozen rice flour crust. Those crusts are REALLY REALLY good!!! I found them at a Whole Foods Market, which, unfortunately, is 3 1/2 hours away from me. *sigh* It's a rare treat for us to take a long ride like that, especially with gas prices. Hoping to find something similar in a store nearby. But we are absolutely delighted with the product and wanted to let everyone know. :D

No Whole Foods around here either but I'll tell my daughter, who lives in Denver and shops at Whole Foods.

We make a cheesecake for special occasions and I like to use gluten-free cookies and butter in the food processor.

Basically, it's goof proof, as long as it tastes good...accept it!

Put the cookies and some butter in the food processor. Blend. Put in bottom of greased baking dish/pan. Bake for awhile in the oven to firm it up (depends on what you like). Take out, maybe add a layer of preserves, cheesecake filling and eat!

It's not always pretty, but it's our go to recipe when we can't be bothered trying to get it "perfect" or if we don't want to spend $8 on a gluten-free pie shell product that may not work.

We usually use a combo of Mi-Del gluten-free cookies, ginger and chocolate, etc etc

I also make crumb crusts with MiDel ginger snaps. For a treat, use half ginger snaps and half finely chopped nuts.