Alika Nash

Metabolic Detoxification

Rate this topic

I am only 4 days into a metabolic detoxification and was having more solid bowel movements at first now i am having severe diarrhea and migraines and the shakes a bit, feeling a bit emotional also. Is this normal?

what exactly are you doing? I can say with detox one usually feels worse at first because you are ridding your body of toxic junk.It can cause physcial, emotional feelings... until all the poision is out of your system.

blessings

mamaw

It is called a metabolic detoxification program. For 10 days, a food plan/modified elimination diet. I am on day 4. Starting tomorrow for 3 days I can only eat cruciferous vegetables and raw greens, apples and pears, and bottled or canned apple or pear juice along with Clear Renew medicine food; a powdered beverage. I have been drinking this since day 2, and I increase the amount each day, up to 4 times a day at the most.

I think the next 3 days will be the hardest, as today was very challenging for me, as I could only eat veggies and fruits and legumes...the first 3 days, I could atlest still eat grains.

Awwwww...this is so hard!

Is the powdered beverage you are consuming gluten free?

Is the powdered beverage you are consuming gluten free?

I suppose that is a very good question, since I just assumed. The holistic doctors are the ones giving me the stuff. Now I have to go check it out. I'll get back to you on that. Thanks for bringing that up to me.

I did look at the product, and it is gluten free. Phewww! Do people on a detox experience more diarrhea before off the diet? Is it normal. A friend of a friend said they had it bad and even vomitting.

You might want to double check on the gluten free thing. A lot of gluten free products now are gluten free enough for those who may be sensitive to gluten, but not gluten free enough for Celiacs. A good question to ask is if it tested for gluten levels.

If you are getting the runs, feeling worse, and increasing the amount of a food you are eating that might be questionable, I would be really, really sure that it is gluten-free to the standard you need.

• Upvote 1