Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BillJ

What Are Your Top 10 Gluten Free Staples ?

This is a post I can get into!

Chicken breasts - bone-in for roasting and boneless for sauteeing

Beef - stir-fry ready and ground

gluten-free pasta

Rudi's white bread

White rice

Potatoes. Love 'em.

Chocolate - largely cocoa powder, good bars and chocolate chips for baking

White rice flour - for baking!

Greek yogurt for smoothies

Fruit - OK, fudged this one, but berries, bananas, apples and oranges mostly

I distinctly remember there is a group meeting at love2travel's place..and she promised to do pick up at the airport in Edmonton.... Am I right love2travel? :huh: Wasn't that a group meeting?

Well there you go...she posted before I could... :) It's a date! :D

I'll pick up whomever is waiting for me at the Edmonton airport. You're in luck if you get here before 5 PM as I am teaching a yummy cooking class tomorrow. We are making:

Apple Cider Brine for Pork Loin (am making in advance, of course)

Balsamic Ginger Marinade for Shrimp

Honey Scallion Ginger Vinaigrette

Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette

a la Turque Vinaigrette (Turkish with pomegranate molasses, mint, etc.)

Pickled Onion Rings in Rose Water

Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette with Spiced Walnuts

Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette

Fig and Stilton Salad with Port Wine Vinaigrette

I've bought a whole bunch of cool greens and fixings to go with the above including endive, frisee, radicchio, various nuts to roast, pears to slice, fresh herbs, dried figs and various cheeses.

Should be delicious! Hopefully the students will love it...sometimes I get nervous about these things.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

The following things should have been on my list but I overran my limit anyway :P

Avocado

Asparagus

Eggs

Tuna

Sardines (King Oscar in olive oil)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Grass-Fed Beef

Chicken

Turkey

Rice

Quinoa

Sweet Potato

Potato

Buckwheat

Avocado

Green Vegetables of all types!

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

I'll pick up whomever is waiting for me at the Edmonton airport. You're in luck if you get here before 5 PM as I am teaching a yummy cooking class tomorrow. We are making:

Apple Cider Brine for Pork Loin (am making in advance, of course)

Balsamic Ginger Marinade for Shrimp

Honey Scallion Ginger Vinaigrette

Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette

a la Turque Vinaigrette (Turkish with pomegranate molasses, mint, etc.)

Pickled Onion Rings in Rose Water

Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette with Spiced Walnuts

Caramelized Shallot Vinaigrette

Fig and Stilton Salad with Port Wine Vinaigrette

I've bought a whole bunch of cool greens and fixings to go with the above including endive, frisee, radicchio, various nuts to roast, pears to slice, fresh herbs, dried figs and various cheeses.

Should be delicious! Hopefully the students will love it...sometimes I get nervous about these things.

:o :o :o That's me with my mouth dragging on the floor..dribbling all the way

Anemia and IBS through my life

2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems

Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.

After 5 days - insides began to move

Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

Visit? hell, I wanna LIVE at love2 travel's s house :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh boy, ..when my tummy heals, I am sure I'll want to eat all these foods again.... I MISS cooking ( I used to cook like this --with port, sauces, bechamel....etc....but alas, not right now....) and I miss EATING,,,,,I am drooling right now after reading your menu for tonight........seriously...someone had me a paper towel... :lol:

Irish begins booking flight to Edmonton... for the Fall...... B)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

what are larabars?

To answer your question, Larabars are made with dates, nuts, dried fruits, some are made with coconut, chocolate...gluten-free and dairy free, soy free...and yummy

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

1) Udi's Bread

2) Almond milk (I have a dairy problem too)

3) Dried Beans

4) Lara Bars or Kind Bars

5) Dr Mcdougall's Tortilla or Spring Onion soup (for lunch at work)

6) Corn Chips

7) Dr Lucy's Cookies

8) Amy's Medium Vegetable Chili

9) Amy's gluten-free Dairy free frozen dinners

10) Bananas

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

I tried my first Lara bar last night. It was the Coconut Creme pie one and all I can say is ..YUMMMMMMM!! Perfect ! At least I know I have a treat that is tasty to fall back on ! My wife has been so wonderful since I have started this this week.She has been testing recipes so the whole family can take part and support me ....Means alot she is taking part even though she doesnt have to eat this way. I am one lucky guy ....