thedistrict3

Please Take A Look At My Symptoms!

Rate this topic

Hey all,

I've been having on and off symptoms for almost 1 year now. It started when I had Chinese Food last summer and that night I had terrible mucus diarreah lasting most of the night. I had just started my full time job and I had a steady "bowel movement" schedule going on every day.

I went to the DR. who told me it was probably just something I ate or I had IBS

Then, a few weeks later when I went on holiday, it struck again for a couple days. However, It was the first time I was sharing a bed with my girlfriend overnight and I just brushed it off as nerves.

Since then, every morning I wake up to sudden urges to have a bowel movement along with a feeling of GERD in my throat. The feeling is extremely hard to explain. It feels like theres air ranging from my stomach to my throat which I cannot get rid of. When I go to the washroom, it is usually 1-4 times in the AM. The first is usually normal, and after that they get increasingly more soft. There is usually small amounts of mucus and almost always oil surrounding the stool.

In the PM, when I try to have a BM, it usually consists of small hard balls of stool with mucus.

I cannot digest lettuce, peas, or fibrous vegetables anymore like I used to. They always end up half digested in my stool.

Sometimes, I have a great couple of days in a row in which I have 2 normal BM a day with no problems.

Other than that, I feel fine. I play soccer two nights a week and my nights are always symptom free. It is only in the morning when they flare up.

I have tried everything, going lactose free, stop eating greasy foods, and even tried to calm myself down thinking it was all in my head. I am an extremely anxious person with a fear of being ill.

Please let me know if this matches with any Ceoliac symptoms.

Hey all,

I've been having on and off symptoms for almost 1 year now. It started when I had Chinese Food last summer and that night I had terrible mucus diarreah lasting most of the night. I had just started my full time job and I had a steady "bowel movement" schedule going on every day.

I went to the DR. who told me it was probably just something I ate or I had IBS

Then, a few weeks later when I went on holiday, it struck again for a couple days. However, It was the first time I was sharing a bed with my girlfriend overnight and I just brushed it off as nerves.

Since then, every morning I wake up to sudden urges to have a bowel movement along with a feeling of GERD in my throat. The feeling is extremely hard to explain. It feels like theres air ranging from my stomach to my throat which I cannot get rid of. When I go to the washroom, it is usually 1-4 times in the AM. The first is usually normal, and after that they get increasingly more soft. There is usually small amounts of mucus and almost always oil surrounding the stool.

In the PM, when I try to have a BM, it usually consists of small hard balls of stool with mucus.

I cannot digest lettuce, peas, or fibrous vegetables anymore like I used to. They always end up half digested in my stool.

Sometimes, I have a great couple of days in a row in which I have 2 normal BM a day with no problems.

Other than that, I feel fine. I play soccer two nights a week and my nights are always symptom free. It is only in the morning when they flare up.

I have tried everything, going lactose free, stop eating greasy foods, and even tried to calm myself down thinking it was all in my head. I am an extremely anxious person with a fear of being ill.

Please let me know if this matches with any Ceoliac symptoms.

Yes, quite possible. But you will only know with testing...to be diagnosed Coeliac (Celiac in the US).

Do you have a family history of digestive disorders, diabetes, thyroid....often times Celiac is diagnosed is a secondary issue.... which may be the cause of the first diagnosis.

Do get tested or, if you choose not too...go totally gluten free for at least three months and see how you feel.

Good luck!

There will be other's a long soon who know more about celiac disease than me, but what your describing sounds like a classic case of what a lot of Drs diagnose as 'Irritable Bowel Syndrome' the whole big D in the morning, followed by the big C in the evening.

However, just from my recent research, so many Celiac's are so typically falsely diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I believe it's quite a classic misdiagnoses, so I guess all I'm saying is yes, I think it does definatley sound like it could be related to gluten / celiac. But be aware, the Dr may say Irritable Bowel Syndrome' (which isn't really a helpful dianoses.... ie why is it irritated... my X used to have it, very nasty.