Roda

Dr. In Knoxville, Tn Area

Rate this topic

Anyone familure with Children's Hospital Pediatric Gastroenterology PC in Knoxville, TN? I do have a name of a pedi Gi in another town that is in network with my insurance but want to cover all bases. This group is not in network so I would have to pay more out of pocket, but if anyone in their group comes highly recommended then it may be worth it.

hi wow are you in east tennessee?!! i live in harriman :) children's hospital is highly recommended - i don't personally know about their pediatric GI, but our grandson had to have hernia surgery when he was about 18 months old and their pediatric urilogy group is awesome. lol in fact the dr we had is on my short list of "if i ever divorce my husband i'm checking to see if he's taken" :D anyway, they were very thorough and their only focus is on children. my GI is in oak ridge at mmc - ruth montalvo - and she is *awesome* - the doctors at oak ridge are good, too. two of my grandbabies were born there and one was born at UT and we liked methodist much better :)

ps - if you need a good place to eat that didn't wreck my world, try cafe 4 @ market square. they were awesome and knew not to cc thing :)

I'm leaning on this group in Knoxville. They are affiliated with Children's Hospital there. Hopefully we can get some answers for my oldest son. Irregardless of any results I will be trialing him gluten free when we are done with testing. Really the only thing left to do is the scope/biopsy. He has been tested three times and all come back negative. I still think he has gluten issues. We have decided this route with him because of the negative tests and his dad wants it done. Dad regrets not doing it with my youngest son, but there is no way (and he agreed) we will do a gluten challenge with him for three months. Three days was plenty to see the horrible reaction!

http://www.giforkids.com/