CNV2855

Autoimmune Or Allergies?

Rate this topic

I got glutened a few days ago and do I feel bad. Not necessarily tired or fatigued but I'm having a few flares. My stomach is bloated, almost like I'm pregnant, and my neck/face are swollen. My neck is incredibly swollen, my face is both swollen, dry, and red. It hurts to touch it and it's pretty red as well.

My best guess is that it's angioedema.

I took an antihistamine and it died down... a little.

My "glutening" was several days ago and I thought the symptoms would be over. I drank a lot of coconut milk (something I rarely have) yesterday and that's about when I started noticing the skin symptoms. So I'm not sure what to attribute it to. But it sucked!

The only thing that has me worried is that they say the autoimmune version, which is what I probably have, is associated with lymphoma??

I also took quite a few sublingual B12 doses which contains niacin.

I just took another dose about half an hour ago and the swelling is back... is niacin a possible trigger? I assume it might be because it's listed like allergy information on the back. "Warning: this product contains Niacin and may produce flushing..."

Many people respond to Niacin with the 'flushing'.. apparently you are one of them.. You'll have to find the B12 sublinguals that are just that, no niacin.

You can get non-flush niacin... I have angio lymphatic edema from taking a generic form of synthyroid. Its been 6 months & I still have swelling in mouth & lips. It's a miserable condition...But as far as B-12 I have read several posts from another site that statesB-12 injections weekly may help lymphatic edema...I'm seeing my PCP next week & plan on asking ifI can try it..I do monthly B-12 at present..

I also react to coconut oil, good stuff but some of us have problems with coconut....

You can get non-flush niacin... I have angio lymphatic edema from taking a generic form of synthyroid. Its been 6 months & I still have swelling in mouth & lips. It's a miserable condition...But as far as B-12 I have read several posts from another site that statesB-12 injections weekly may help lymphatic edema...I'm seeing my PCP next week & plan on asking ifI can try it..I do monthly B-12 at present..

I also react to coconut oil, good stuff but some of us have problems with coconut....

I had also started drinking Rice Dream yesterday and today... I just found out that it's not gluten free. That explains, a lot.