nik95670

Dealing With Celiac Diet

Rate this topic

I am curious if others have problems from the ingredients that gluten-free foods use? I think the xanthan and guar gum cause me some pretty serious gastrointestinal issues if I eat much of them. Anybody else? Words of wisdom or ideas for snacks?

I have heard of that from other people.

Your best bet is to just eat whole foods (veggies, fruits, unmarinated meat, dairy (if you can digest it) and maybe grains like rice and quinoa) until you feel really good and then slowly test adding things in one at a time. It's tricky and frustrating but it pays off when you isolate foods that are bothering you.

Thank you, that is great advice. This is a whole lifestyle change for me as I commute almost four hours round trip a day & am a terrible planner so I buy a lot of gas station snacks & what not. This will be a healthy change for me but tKe some getting uses to as I am mostly uses to eating packaged foods.

Yes. Arrowroot is especially awful. We seemed fine with quinoa (soaked first) but eliminated it when we went on GAPS.

I just read an article on here about how many alternate flours contain major crosscontamination. Scott posted it. The other thing is if you have a problem with corn, that could be affecting you. It's used to help powdery things flow, so it can be in places you wouldn't expect, like salt and baking powder.

Oh, and buckwheat knocked me and my son on our asses, which was a shame because we made great pancakes with them.