This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rah Rah Rah! Tmi Btw

rgarton

rgarton Contributor

I went and saw a dietitian this morning, which was pointless really! Not much help she said my diet was fine and considering i have a completely gluten free house cross contamination is basically impossible... So wasted trip to the hospital. But im still having frequent bowel movements, they have finally started to be more solid every day (TMI i know) but about 2-3 times a day... Is this normal? I still feel fainty, cold and tired, and no appetite and a feeling i need to go but either don't want to or can't, just that sensation.

I also am worried as i have small white flecks in my BM's, and have done for a while. My partners kids did have threadworms for a while, could i have possible picked them up and these are eggs?!? I'm actually quite worried and feel like im just bothering my doctor over and over again. But i feel i can't go anywhere or do anything... Nobody seems to understand these things. I think i have a crying moment most days i just feel a bit hopeless i guess...

Sorry guys!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Don't be sorry!((hugs)) It's hard when you feel so bad, I know!

I was all over the place the first few months gluten-free...but the fact that your BMs are more firm is encouraging, yes?!

Not sure about the white specks. Did you have stool testing done? Mention these flecks to the doctor?

kareng Grand Master

I went and saw a dietitian this morning, which was pointless really! Not much help she said my diet was fine and considering i have a completely gluten free house cross contamination is basically impossible... So wasted trip to the hospital. But im still having frequent bowel movements, they have finally started to be more solid every day (TMI i know) but about 2-3 times a day... Is this normal? I still feel fainty, cold and tired, and no appetite and a feeling i need to go but either don't want to or can't, just that sensation.

I also am worried as i have small white flecks in my BM's, and have done for a while. My partners kids did have threadworms for a while, could i have possible picked them up and these are eggs?!? I'm actually quite worried and feel like im just bothering my doctor over and over again. But i feel i can't go anywhere or do anything... Nobody seems to understand these things. I think i have a crying moment most days i just feel a bit hopeless i guess...

Sorry guys!

I know that the little white flecks in my dogs poo means worms. I would take a stool sample to the doc/lab. Especially since you have been sharing a house with kids who had them.

mamabear272 Explorer

I've been having firmer BMs and am so excited about it. I never thought poo could be this exciting! lol

rgarton Contributor

Don't be sorry!((hugs)) It's hard when you feel so bad, I know!

I was all over the place the first few months gluten-free...but the fact that your BMs are more firm is encouraging, yes?!

Not sure about the white specks. Did you have stool testing done? Mention these flecks to the doctor?

I got a docs appointment for next wednesday, was the quickest one i could get, ive never done a stool test before, I got the earliest appointment i could! So do i do the do when im there or...?! Thank you for the encouragement :) Made me smile. It is way more encouraging, but im still at my wits end!

rgarton Contributor

I've been having firmer BMs and am so excited about it. I never thought poo could be this exciting! lol

I know!!! I guess i never really did know what normal was, being chronically constipated my whole life and thinking that was normal, then having reallly loose stools, then getting diagnosed, i have no idea what normal is now!!! But yes v exciting! Hehe. thanks :)

IrishHeart Veteran

I got a docs appointment for next wednesday, was the quickest one i could get, ive never done a stool test before, I got the earliest appointment i could! So do i do the do when im there or...?! Thank you for the encouragement :) Made me smile. It is way more encouraging, but im still at my wits end!

I would think he/she can do the test. It's not terribly horrid. It's a test kit and you do a few "things" for a few days (they call it random sampling) and put them into test tubes and they are tested by a lab for parasites, etc. I did one :unsure: and it showed a total lack of good bacteria. .So, now I supplement with probiotics and I "enjoy" nice solid, daily BMs :P ...something I didn't have for YEARS! Sigh...never "too much info" on this board LOL LOL :blink::lol::o

I would say incorporate probiotics into your diet --as all leaky guts/celiacs need those-- but I would make sure you see what's up with the "white flecks" first....!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I know!!! I guess i never really did know what normal was, being chronically constipated my whole life and thinking that was normal, then having reallly loose stools, then getting diagnosed, i have no idea what normal is now!!! But yes v exciting! Hehe. thanks :)

Yep, I alternated D and C for YEARS---they call it "irritable bowel"--yeah right!!--of course it is irritable--but WHY? Now, we know!!

Stay the course--I promise you it gets better! Once you rule out anything else going on in your GI tract---try the probiotics (dairy free, of course) and drink lots of water and stick to the gluten-free diet and eat lots of veggies...all will be well. Avoid dairy the first 6 months or so as well...but, I am sure you know this.... :) The D and C will level off. :)

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

As long as you are getting stool sampling done you might ask them to test for candida and other fungal infections. I have read those white flecks can occur during candida die off. You haven't by any chance been eating mostly low carb have you? If it is a fungal infection you may need some strong anti-fungals to fight it in addition to diet.

rgarton Contributor

I would think he/she can do the test. It's not terribly horrid. It's a test kit and you do a few "things" for a few days (they call it random sampling) and put them into test tubes and they are tested by a lab for parasites, etc. I did one :unsure: and it showed a total lack of good bacteria. .So, now I supplement with probiotics and I "enjoy" nice solid, daily BMs :P ...something I didn't have for YEARS! Sigh...never "too much info" on this board LOL LOL :blink::lol::o

I would say incorporate probiotics into your diet --as all leaky guts/celiacs need those-- but I would make sure you see what's up with the "white flecks" first....!!

Thanks, doesn't sound quite as scary :) I don't take any probiotics, i know i probably should actually, i did crave them before i was diagnosed, it was an odd craving, along with olives and blueberries... Im glad i can listen to my body quite well. I will definatly see whats up with the white flecks, i did manage to find a gluten-free threadworm tablet but it can cause stomach ache and all the rest of it and i don't want thaaaat! Ah dear. Thanks (BTW thanks for both your responses!)

rgarton Contributor

As long as you are getting stool sampling done you might ask them to test for candida and other fungal infections. I have read those white flecks can occur during candida die off. You haven't by any chance been eating mostly low carb have you? If it is a fungal infection you may need some strong anti-fungals to fight it in addition to diet.

How do they test for this? During the sampling? Or is it another testy thing? I like the idea of them going away! :D So i will definatly ask. I wish i was seeing her sooner now with all this info!

Unfortunately i do have quite a low carb diet but i really do try to up it! My dietitian did say i was slightly underweight today and to try and snack more often... I'm 5,7.5" and 8stone 6 (roughly) I was 10 and a half stone about 6 months ago... :o Thanks for the info i will inform my doctor when i see her :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks, doesn't sound quite as scary :) I don't take any probiotics, i know i probably should actually, i did crave them before i was diagnosed .

um...what does a craving for probiotics feel like??? just curious??

IrishHeart Veteran

How do they test for this? During the sampling?

Stool testing includes fat malabsorption, yeast overgrowth (candida), parasites, presence of good/bad bacteria.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

How do they test for this? During the sampling? Or is it another testy thing? I like the idea of them going away! :D So i will definatly ask. I wish i was seeing her sooner now with all this info!

Unfortunately i do have quite a low carb diet but i really do try to up it! My dietitian did say i was slightly underweight today and to try and snack more often... I'm 5,7.5" and 8stone 6 (roughly) I was 10 and a half stone about 6 months ago... :o Thanks for the info i will inform my doctor when i see her :)

The low carb diet could explain your symptoms. Do a google search for "candida die off symptoms" and you will see all the things you mentioned. If your dr won't test for candida or give you antifungals you can also try taking natural antifungals (vitamin supplements) in addition to a strict low carb diet. But do try to get the testing first because natural antifungals can mess up other organs (like the liver) if taken for too long.

rgarton Contributor

um...what does a craving for probiotics feel like??? just curious??

Haha my friend was drinking some yogurty probiotic drink and the smell of it just instinctively made me want it and i couldn't stop thinking about it until i got some and drank them everyday. :)

rgarton Contributor

The low carb diet could explain your symptoms. Do a google search for "candida die off symptoms" and you will see all the things you mentioned. If your dr won't test for candida or give you antifungals you can also try taking natural antifungals (vitamin supplements) in addition to a strict low carb diet. But do try to get the testing first because natural antifungals can mess up other organs (like the liver) if taken for too long.

I had a look and yes does seem very possible, will definatly ask. At least its a good thing i guess!!! Just wish i didnt have any symptoms other than feeling better! :) You've been really helpful thanks. xx

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Call the doctors and speak to a nurse. They should be able to have you pick up a testing kit so you can drop it off and perhaps have a result by the time you see the doctor. Don't take anything over the counter for the suspected worms until you know for sure whether you actually have them or not.

rgarton Contributor

Call the doctors and speak to a nurse. They should be able to have you pick up a testing kit so you can drop it off and perhaps have a result by the time you see the doctor. Don't take anything over the counter for the suspected worms until you know for sure whether you actually have them or not.

Oh cool thanks, will give them a ring and ask asap!

HS7474 Apprentice

I'll have days where everytime I go to go pee I can/do have a BM as well. Then I'll go 1-2 days without having one at all. I feel fine so I'm not too concerned. Granted, I've never had issues with D but I wouldn't be concerned with the frequency, myself.

IrishHeart Veteran

Haha my friend was drinking some yogurty probiotic drink and the smell of it just instinctively made me want it and i couldn't stop thinking about it until i got some and drank them everyday. :)

LOL....That seems more like a dairy craving to me!

I want to repeat what I said--and what Ravenwood suggested as well--don't take any OTC or herbals etc. to get "rid of" things until you know what's going on.

Pre-DX, I took dozens of herbals suggested by a Naturopath and they made matters worse for me. (this was just my experience)It is best to know what you are dealing with. Could be nothing! :)

In any case, please Do have the stool testing done--as it may shed light on the "white thingies". Best luck --let us know what happens!

rgarton Contributor

LOL....That seems more like a dairy craving to me!

I want to repeat what I said--and what Ravenwood suggested as well--don't take any OTC or herbals etc. to get "rid of" things until you know what's going on.

Pre-DX, I took dozens of herbals suggested by a Naturopath and they made matters worse for me. (this was just my experience)It is best to know what you are dealing with. Could be nothing! :)

In any case, please Do have the stool testing done--as it may shed light on the "white thingies". Best luck --let us know what happens!

See i initially thought dairy as well but i was drinking dairy like it was going out of fashion at the time, and tried having ice cream or something but it was only satisfied drinking to probiotics, was very odd!

I wont dont worry i'l speak to the doc first! Thanks will do!

IrishHeart Veteran

See i initially thought dairy as well but i was drinking dairy like it was going out of fashion at the time, and tried having ice cream or something but it was only satisfied drinking to probiotics, was very odd!

I wont dont worry i'l speak to the doc first! Thanks will do!

hmm...this gets more interesting as you add more details. :) Did the more frequent stools begin AFTER you started drinking milk "like it was going out of fashion?? AND the probiotic drinks too?...you've got me wondering about a lactose issue--or soy. Those drinks sometimes have soy lecithin in them.

Not sure. In any case, have the poo test :lol: --that's one test that's non-invasive (just yucky) and let us know!! best luck!

Archived