Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubba's Mom

Diagnosed...now What?

Thankfully, I don't seem to have a problem with rice!

I'll look for the quaker brand. The ones in the "health food" section of the grocery store were $4.99. The brown rice ones were $5.99. A bit steep I thought! :o

The ones at Aldi were $1.29. a big difference.

Whew! That is expensive. I'd definitely check Quaker rice cakes at Wal-Mart if you have one near you. Or even another local grocery store should have them for under $3.00. Just be aware that the small size ones may not have the gluten-free label.

I completly understand the whole foods concept..but sometimes (actually most of the time) I just want to grab something and munch without cooking. I get tired of just fruits..or carrots, cucumbers etc., for snacks. I like crispy/crunchy things. I thought rice cakes were the perfect munchable thing? The ones I have were bought at Aldi's grocery and are their generic brand. I guess I need to buy the ones that are 4 times the price, but safe? :(

Just contact the manufacturer of the rice cakes you like and find out whether they think there is gluten CC. I eat Lundburg all the time and I think they taste better than the white rice cakes anyway.

I eat a lot of nuts for snacks if I'm not in the mood for fruits or veggies.