This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Enterolab Results - Dq 2 And Dq6

mcat1234

mcat1234 Newbie

Date: 9/8/2011

Hello, I received my results from Enterolab today. It says that I have two gluten sensitive genes. I think they are the DQ2 and DQ6, but I am not sure because this is confusing. I do have health problems that I think might be related to gluten sensitivity. I have been researching this for months now. I am curious if anyone else had the same DQ genes?

Also, I thought I would go Gluten Free regardless of getting a local doctor's diagnosis. But I wonder if I should get the endoscopy & blood work done anyway. I think that if I would get positive blood work or endoscopy results that it may convince other family members to be tested. There are a lot of health issues with some members of my family (my own children and my brothers/sisters).

- I have mild scoliosis

- I had appendicitis when I was in 4th grade (it almost burst by the time they operated)

- Some depression and anxiety on and off over the years.

- Bad PMS

- Vertigo, dizziness, and balance problems started 11 years ago.. I am 50 now. Sometimes it felt like the floor wasn't below my feet. I also felt like I was on a boat floating in water. The vertigo and the strange sensations have gone away. However, I still get some dizziness once in a while nothing major. My balance problems are still there. I can't walk a straight line if my life depended on it. Testing didn't find a cause of this. The doctors called it Benign Positional Vertigo.

- Lots of eye floaters

- 6 years ago I was diagnosed with GERD, Gastritis, and a Hiatal Hernia.

- On and off terrible headaches in the base of my skull several times a week

- On and off diarrhea & constipation but not really severe.

Here are my Enterolab reults

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

B) Gluten/Antigenic Food Sensitivity Stool/Gene Panel

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 10 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BuruNeko Newbie

I have not had any of this testing done. I don't think it's necessary and I wouldn't want information like that added to my medical records, because it's just one more way for medical insurance companies to screw me over.

I know that I am extremely sensitive to gluten. I'm allergic to wheat, dairy, corn & pork (my mother had me tested late in my teens) and my sons have all of the same food allergies. As far as dairy, I don't have any really bad reactions and neither does my middle son. But we're both definitely in better health when we stay away from it.

Overall, I can tell you that you will be even more sensitive to dairy depending on the degree of damage that has been done from the gluten. Dairy proteins are very difficult to break down. But of course you would be best off without any of it. And I would suggest that you stay away from all other grains, maybe except for very well soaked & rinsed steamed white rice, until you are feeling much better.

The best way I've found to get much healthier as quickly as possible is to do a lot of vegetable juicing. Lots of carrots, parsley, beets, garlic, cilantro (helps to chelate metals, but is also pretty overpowering so be careful), apples, spinach, etc.

jebby Enthusiast

My understanding is that 1/3 of all Americans of European descent have either the DQ2 and/or DQ8 HLA antigens on genetic testing (and obviously, not all have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity). "Celiac Disease: A Hidden Epidemic" by Peter Green, M.D., is a great book to check out if you haven't already.

JoshB Apprentice

That is a very good book.

Also, get blood work done now before you go gluten free or you might regret it later.

Skylark Collaborator

Yes, you need a proper celiac test. You probably also need a thyroid panel. Then give the diet a try for a couple months and see if you feel better in case you're gluten intolerant.

Archived