allergyprone

Egg Allergy

Rate this topic

I was just wondering if this was an allergy or sinsitivity or intolerance or some bazar weird anomoly :rolleyes:

ok well, when i was an infant i was breast fed and every time my mom would eat eggs i would throw up and then she would get an itchy nose cleaning it up

now i don't throw up when i eat eggs but my leg hurts so bad i can't walk on it (same for my mom) but i'm ok with a tiny amount like if it was in a gluten-free cake, but i typically will replace it with flax seed

oh and i seem to be fine with egg whites it seems to be only the yoke

i had a food allergy blood test a couple years ago and it said i had no allergies, but i was also told that that wasn't exactly accurate

does anyone know if this is an allergy or any of the other thigs listed above?

thanks

nicole

don't know if this matters but here is a list of my other "problem" foods

Brassicaceae, Chenopod, Gluten, Musaceae, Legumes, Lactose, Corn <_<

I was just wondering if this was an allergy or sinsitivity or intolerance or some bazar weird anomoly :rolleyes:

ok well, when i was an infant i was breast fed and every time my mom would eat eggs i would throw up and then she would get an itchy nose cleaning it up

now i don't throw up when i eat eggs but my leg hurts so bad i can't walk on it (same for my mom) but i'm ok with a tiny amount like if it was in a gluten-free cake, but i typically will replace it with flax seed

oh and i seem to be fine with egg whites it seems to be only the yoke

does anyone know if this is an allergy or any of the other thigs listed above?

thanks

nicole

don't know if this matters but here is a list of my other "problem" foods

Brassicaceae, Chenopod, Gluten, Musaceae, Legumes, Lactose, Corn <_<

Yes, you could react to egg yolk, but not egg white. Both my husband and I were diagnosed by ELISA (allergy blood) test. He was more sensitive to egg yolk, but I am more sensitive to egg white. When I was eating eggs, I was also eating my other diagnosed allergens. So I didn't notice any unusual reactions. However, I was getting gastro symptoms (cramping pain, bloating, gas, etc.) from my other allergens. Nevertheless, whenever I got flu shots (which are cultured in egg protein or whites), I got violently ill. Also some wines (which are 'fined' in egg white) also made me very ill.

It may be an intolerance. You tested - and your leg pain isn't a classic allergy sign either. Also, while you CAN be worse with yolk vs. white, it is virtually impossible to totally separate the two. ELISA testing isn't for allergies but intolerances and inflammatory responses.

If they bother you, stay away from them!