pricklypear1971

Ugh. Seriously?

Rate this topic

Ok, my Betty Crocker cake was a bust for several reasons - all fixable but that's not it.

I ate a few pieces to try it...and now I feel gross.

It's cakey stuff. I don't think the cookies did it, but the cakey stuff does. I feel gross.

Chocolate chips, no problem. Ice cream, no problem. Junior Mints, no problem. Cake- PROBLEM.

Those cakes and cookies had the same ingredients, I swear! I bet the cookies had MORE.

Oh crap, what about powdered sugar???? C&H powdered sugar????? Yes, I'm thinking and typing at the same time.

Anyone have a problem with powdered sugar???

Whoa, wait a minute. I felt gross after eating the Pamela's cake too. Both of those mixes had the sugar in them. I wonder if it's SUGAR BEET sugar in those mixes and not cane sugar. Anyone know?

Anyone have an issue with beet sugar? I avoid it because it doesn't perform as well and purposely buy C&H because it's cane.

nah :< when i made their yellow cake i used chocolate frosting. I only eat a sliver every once in a blue moon (i froze the rest of it), and it doesn't seem to bother me.

What about eggs?

Do you have any of the guidelines of ballbladder problems? Cake usually has mor fat in it than a cookie. Female, Forty(age is for determining toward the end of of fertile years, Fair, Where is your weight at?(with Celiac we know that weight really doesn't have anything to do with having problems or not.

I eat corn without problem, eggs without problem, and have been using xanthan gum (Bob's Red Mill) without problem.

Both mixes had everything in them except liquids. I used same C&H sugar in both. BRM xg in the cookies. And in my biscuits and pancakes.

It's just WEIRD.

What about eggs?

Do you have any of the guidelines of ballbladder problems? Cake usually has mor fat in it than a cookie. Female, Forty(age is for determining toward the end of of fertile years, Fair, Where is your weight at?(with Celiac we know that weight really doesn't have anything to do with having problems or not.

I am thinking you are talking about the 4 "Fs" of gallbladder disease? Fair, Flatulent, Fat, and Forty?

• Upvote 1

Lol. Just found that online.

Interestingly, my doc said my bloodwork shows my liver is struggling a bit. Not suggestive of disease but consistent with Celiac stress and the corticosteroids i was on and she wants to retest in 6months. I've never had obvious gallstones or problems but it makes sense.

Cake makes me feel gross. And yes, gassy. I'm rather full of it this morning.

I don't have a problem with dairy (except iodine). I used half butter, half shortening.

I think it's the concentration of fats and sugars - and that the cake uses a ton of white sugar and powdered sugar compared to mostly brown Turbinado in the cookies.

Probably isy liver/gallbladder. Oh well, who needs cake, right?

Yup, all the F's a person can think of. Pretty f'd up huh?

I started belching/burping and feeling like I was going to puke. I had a stabbing pain in the back too.

Whoa, wait a minute. I felt gross after eating the Pamela's cake too. Both of those mixes had the sugar in them. I wonder if it's SUGAR BEET sugar in those mixes and not cane sugar. Anyone know?

Anyone have an issue with beet sugar? I avoid it because it doesn't perform as well and purposely buy C&H because it's cane.

I have a problem with sugar. I had a food allergy blood test done and it identified cane sugar as a problem (beet sugar was not tested). Not knowing the source of the sugar in my canister, I dumped my sugar and purchased beet sugar. Produced the same symptoms as glutening. I also a problem with honey, raisens and dates (think Lara Bars) but fruit is no problem--I have about four servings of fruit a day with no problem.