sleer

Gluten And Wine?

Rate this topic

Has anyone experienced gluten symptoms from wine? Specifically white wine? I've been getting mild symptoms after having white wine the main symptom being the lump of mucus feeling in the throat and I'm wondering what that is. I know wine is gluten free so it seems odd that it would be a glutening symptom. I'm wondering if it's just causing some GERD? Anyone have any thoughts?

Some people react to sulfates in wine. Have you looked into this?

Has anyone experienced gluten symptoms from wine? Specifically white wine? I've been getting mild symptoms after having white wine the main symptom being the lump of mucus feeling in the throat and I'm wondering what that is. I know wine is gluten free so it seems odd that it would be a glutening symptom. I'm wondering if it's just causing some GERD? Anyone have any thoughts?

You could be reacting to the sulfides in the wine. Some do. I do tend to get GERD from time to time with wine. Make sure you eat something with your wine. It helps.

Lots of interesting things to react to in wine. Sulfites and yeast in all non-organic wines, histamine, phenolics, and tyramine in red wine. I wonder if your "lump in the throat" is a little allergic swelling?

sulfites for me! Get me every time

I have no problem with wine, whether red or white. But the other posters have identified issues that you may have with wine which are unrelated to gluten. Many of us have other sensitivities beyond just gluten.