marilyn

Confusing Blood Work

Rate this topic

ABS, IGA - 8 (negative range = 0 - 19

ABS, IGG -5 (negative range = 0 - 19

ttg, IGG >100 (positive >9)

IGA 215 (normal range 70 - 400

A chart I have to figure this out says "possible" Any opinions?

Did you perhaps stop eating gluten before your tests? Your anti-gliadin results are somewhat low, but these tend to drop faster than other anti-bodies.

Your ttg-igg is highly suggestive of celiac disease. You should certainly talk with your doctor about it as there are a couple of other possibilities. But, yeah, you almost certainly have it. Very odd that they did ABS and that they did only the "igg" form of "ttg" rather than "iga" which is generally thought to be superior. Very strange lab.

ABS, IGA - 8 (negative range = 0 - 19

ABS, IGG -5 (negative range = 0 - 19

ttg, IGG >100 (positive >9)

IGA 215 (normal range 70 - 400

A chart I have to figure this out says "possible" Any opinions?

There are other possible causes of a high tTG reading: (this from Wikipedia)

Antibodies to tissue transglutaminase (ATA or anti-tTG) are found in patients with several conditions, including coeliac disease, juvenile diabetes,[2] inflammatory bowel disease,[3] and various forms of arthritis.

Thus, while celiac could be the most likely, it would also be possible to have a high reading with one of the other conditions, for example, our good old friend (NOT!) IBS. I am beginning to suspect that IBS is just one of the many forms of gluten intolerance that does not give a positive reading on the very specific celiac tests (i.e., they have not yet devised a test for it) anyway.

Your doctor may want to do a biopsy for confirmation that it is celiac.