MerrillC1977

Blood Test Results

Rate this topic

I am diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis, and recently asked my gastro to look into whether I might also have a gluten allergy/intolerance, or celiac...and I received my blood test results today. Shown below is is what I received. I already can glean that it points to anemia, but I don't see here any of the typical tests that would be done to look for Celiac [such as IgA and IgG anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) or ELISA]. Can anyone tell me what the results that I did receive mean, if anything? (I haven't spoken to the doctor yet -- so maybe other test results are still pending). Thank you so much!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It doesn't look like any celiac panel results are there but sometimes they take longer to come back. I think the RBC shows your a bit anemic but I am not a medical professional. I would call the office and ask if the celiac panel was done or not.

Who did your tests? Those results are the nicest/clearest formatting I've ever seen.

And yeah, not a celiac panel.

Who did your tests? Those results are the nicest/clearest formatting I've ever seen.

And yeah, not a celiac panel.

My gastro did them. Our doctors here are all set up online and electronically, for easier communication and sharing of records. It's great. What you see above are screen captures that I took from the secure website where we log into.

I guess there are other tests that the results are still pending, or he just didn't order them. I am supposed to talk to thim tomorrow on the phone. I will get more info then.

Thanks, all!