Jnkmp8

A Dh Thank You

Rate this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site & still awaiting my diagnosis.for celiacs & DH....for the last few months I been living in hell & being told that there was nothing the doctors could do--so just avoid gluten as ny mouth was swelling worse with every attack! I just had to wallk into a room with someone baking & it would renew my DH.

I had tried everything I could get my hands on through the chemists, alternative therapies & chinese meds.... Nothing worked except bathing in red bush (Roobios) tea & manuka honey....

I then found this site by chance---

THANK YOU ALL for posting your experiences & knowledge on here. I have learnt so much about my conditions that doctors couldn't tell me, ie cut out iodine & gluten in cosmestics!!

For the first time in months my symptoms are reduced to

a bareable level.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN LIFE & SANITY SAVERS!

Xx

Glad to hear you're doing so much better. Do fill your doctors in on what you have learned as many of them are clueless when it comes to DH.

Hi, thankyou. Oh I am!! They didn't realise by eating a gluten-free duet my tests would come back negative! So as fast as I learn I am passing it on just so others can benefit fromwhat I've learnt from you guys & by trial & error.. I never thought I'd be bathing in tea & spreading honey on the blisters/infected cuts& sores!! 

I hope my experiments through desperation will help others as you have all done for me on here. As so little is known about these conditions inthe UK/London. X

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! Yay! And I'm also glad that you're educating your doctors--that may make a huge difference in other people's lives.

I love happy posts! That's great you've solved the mystery!!

This place has been soooo helpful to me too.

I am so Happy! for you!

I would not be well from my DH if it weren't for all the posts on here.

So I second and third your thank you to all posters with DH!!

Hey! I never even thought about iodine in makeup! Is it there too? What did you look for? OMG!! Mine is on my face and I wear makeup every day. What brand of makeup are you using? If any?

Hi-- I'm not sure if iodine is in make up but gluten def is. Its worth contacting the relevant companies to ask. I use shisedo & bobbie brown but I'm waiting to hear back from them. If I don't then I believe (do double check) that the Lancome range is totally free from gluten! so I will be changing as like you I have it on my face!

Im also waiting to hear from dermalogica re:my skin care!

Thank you all again for the support too as it's taken me a while to get my head round it all & this site has been a huge help.

Love to you

Xx

Hi

Apparently listed below are all the gluten additives that are in our makeup & skin care that we need to avoid!!

Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour

Cyclodextrin

Dextrin

Dextrin Palmitate

Disodium Wheatgermamphodiacetate

Hydrolyzed Malt Extract

Hydrolyzed Oat Flour

Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein

Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour

Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer

Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch

Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

Malt Extract

Maltodextrin

Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Flour

Sodium C8-16 Isoalkylsuccinyl Wheat Protein Sulfonate

Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract

Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil

Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten

Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch

Wheat Amino Acids

Wheat Germ Glycerides

Wheat Germamidopropalkonium Chloride

Wheat Protein

Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate

Yeast Extract

I hope this helps although I'm trusting that I haven't missedany-- if I have please let me know!!

Good luck

Xx

The list of glutenous products that I've just posted came from Lancome!!!

Hail lancome for helping us out!! ;0) x

Ooo and yes iodine can be found in beauty products-- worth checking ingredients out-- not sure of industry name for it-- but watch ESP face masks etc! X

Oh all Jessica nail products (uk) are gluten-free .... I'm waiting to hear from bio sculpture, bobbie brown & shisedo!! X