kim99

Blood Test Results

Rate this topic

This is my first post, I hope someone out here can help me. I went to the Dr. because I was I losing weight and breaking out in hives. She tested me for different allergies and celiac. The nurse called me and told me It's possible you have celiac, you need to go see a GI Dr. Can somebody help me understand the results?

Gliadin ABY, IGA, IGG

Gliadin antiboldy IgA Value 1.4 Range 0.0-4.9U/ml

Gliadin Antibody IgG Value 1.6 Range 0.0-14.9 U/ml

Tissue Tranglu ABy Profile

Tissue Transglutaminase

Aby IgA Value 38.6 Range 0-3.9 U/ml

Tissue Transglutaminase

Aby IgG Value 1.3 Range 0-5.9 U/ml

Endomysial antibody S (IGA) Positive

Thank you,

Kim

Im sorry. I haven't a clue. I've been on a celiac diet for a long time now without ever taking the test until recently.

I found out I was pregnant but when I told my OBGYN that I had celiac they said they wouldnt see me till I had test that confirmed it. So, I went to my doc and he ordered a blood test for me. Only, it came back negative. When I asked if my non-gluten diet could have affected it they said no.

So, now I'm at a lost. My mom, sister and I all feel better on a gluten-free diet. W/o it we get a rash, abdominal pain, and fevers. I also have anemia.

I dont want to go back on a gluten diet and I'm worried that my OBGYN wont take me serious now and give me medicine or something that could harm the baby.

I don't know what to think or to tell you. Sorry.

Sorry Kim, that's a positive result. On the plus side now you know, and you should start feeling a lot better.

Your GI may want to do an endoscopy to determine the severity of damage. You might want to do that depending on your plans for the future and your insurance situation. You'll have to eat gluten free from now on no matter what, but a GI may compare an endoscopy now with one from a year from now to make sure that you're improving. Some people need a little help from steroids, and in a tiny number of cases a more serious version of celiac disease develops, so they like to watch for that.

You need to go get your vitamins checked by blood test. Critically, D, Calcium, and B 6 and 12. If you have had symptoms for more than a year or two, and/or have any risks for osteoporosis, then you should probably also have a dexa scan. It might be a good idea to just assume you're low on Calcium and D until you get the scan, and start taking supplements. Blood levels can be pretty high even when your bones are being depleted.

Im sorry. I haven't a clue. I've been on a celiac diet for a long time now without ever taking the test until recently.

I found out I was pregnant but when I told my OBGYN that I had celiac they said they wouldnt see me till I had test that confirmed it. So, I went to my doc and he ordered a blood test for me. Only, it came back negative. When I asked if my non-gluten diet could have affected it they said no.

So, now I'm at a lost. My mom, sister and I all feel better on a gluten-free diet. W/o it we get a rash, abdominal pain, and fevers. I also have anemia.

I dont want to go back on a gluten diet and I'm worried that my OBGYN wont take me serious now and give me medicine or something that could harm the baby.

As long as you're eating diversely and maybe taking a mutli-vitamin, being gluten free should not harm your baby. It certainly seems unwise to do a gluten challenge while pregnant, and your diet would absolutely effect the blood test. Frankly, your doctor saying otherwise is a very good sign that you should not take his advice for anything having to do with celiac disease. I would consider finding another doctor in general, as he is obviously willing to advise you in areas where he has no knowledge.

This is my first post, I hope someone out here can help me. I went to the Dr. because I was I losing weight and breaking out in hives. She tested me for different allergies and celiac. The nurse called me and told me It's possible you have celiac, you need to go see a GI Dr. Can somebody help me understand the results?

Gliadin ABY, IGA, IGG

Gliadin antiboldy IgA Value 1.4 Range 0.0-4.9U/ml

Gliadin Antibody IgG Value 1.6 Range 0.0-14.9 U/ml

Tissue Tranglu ABy Profile

Tissue Transglutaminase

Aby IgA Value 38.6 Range 0-3.9 U/ml

Tissue Transglutaminase

Aby IgG Value 1.3 Range 0-5.9 U/ml

Endomysial antibody S (IGA) Positive

Thank you,

Kim

It looks like your TTG and EMA were positive. Those are the more specific tests and very accurate when positive. Don't go gluten free until you see your GI dr as he may want to do an endoscopy to confirm.

Welcome to the board. Your drs were ignorant about celiac testing. You must be on gluten in order to be tested or the test will be negative. However, now that you are pregnant you should not go back to eating gluten. If you are celiac it could harm the baby. If your OBGYN is not respecting your wishes to be gluten-free then find a new one. There should not be any medcine you need to take while pregnant unless you are high risk or have other health issues. For over the counter meds just google the name and gluten free and you shoudl be able to find out if it is gluten-free. And of course make sur eyour pre-natal vitamins are gluten-free.

• Upvote 1