Flasaltwater

Anemia Takeing 3X The Amonut Of Floradix

Rate this topic

I just realized this evening I have been taking 3x the amount of the daily dose of Floradix Iron + B Vitamins. It calls for 10ml Ive been taking 30 ml. I guess I needed it because it hasn't made me sick. I knew I was feeling better with more energy. I had Labs done this morning can't wait to see what my Iron level is. Has anyone every doubles up or tippled up on iron and b vitamins . If so how long did it take to get your iron levels under control? Please note that I did not do this on purpose This is only by accident, good thing I needed it otherwise not so good.

Uhm, ah, no. Many companies make B vitamin mixes with way over the recommended daily amount, so that won't hurt you, but a normal person will feel pukey on that much iron.

Wow.

Of course at one point I was sucking down blackstrap molasses like manna from heaven.

Do let your doctor know that you ODed a bit on the iron before the bloodwork. Too much iron in your system can be dangerous and if he sees very high results with the test it may lead to more testing you don't need if he is not aware of the amount you were taking.

Well I read the dosage a little closer and it actually says 10ml 2 times a day so I really wasn't Overdosing I kind of wish I would have took more because my labs came back abnormal. Will start a new topic for this. In case anyone is searching for severe Anemia.