Diane-in-FL

Just Griping

Rate this topic

I guess this is the right forum for this. I bought a copy of a gluten-free magazine today at the supermarket. It has lots of interesting articles and I thought about subscribing. Found the info for that and it's $34 for 4 issues a year. Why are gluten-free mags so expensive? Ergh! OK, end of rant. <_<

I guess this is the right forum for this. I bought a copy of a gluten-free magazine today at the supermarket. It has lots of interesting articles and I thought about subscribing. Found the info for that and it's $34 for 4 issues a year. Why are gluten-free mags so expensive? Ergh! OK, end of rant. <_<

Probably costs more to test for gluten and produce in a dedicated gluten-free factory? :D

My guess would be that since the celiac community is pretty small compared to the rest of the population, it would cost a lot to keep a publication marketed to us going.

I didn't know that anything like that even existed. Yeah, definately no bargain but did you like the magazine and find it informative??

One of my favourite food magazines is $11.50 per issue but it is absolutely outstanding - probably one of the best on the planet so that makes it worth it to me.

Would you enlighten us a bit more on the content, number of pages, etc.? You've piqued my curiosity! :)

It's Gluten-Free Living, 58 pages for $8.95. It is good and I may pick it up now and then, just not ready to shell out the $34 right now. Still furniture shopping for the new place. :rolleyes: (I'm not really Diane-in-Maine anymore.... :P )

It's Gluten-Free Living, 58 pages for $8.95. It is good and I may pick it up now and then, just not ready to shell out the $34 right now. Still furniture shopping for the new place. :rolleyes: (I'm not really Diane-in-Maine anymore.... :P )

Interesting. That is expensive for such a slim magazine! At least the culinary one I mentioned costing $11.50 per issue it is nearly 200 pages packed with interesting info.

Will do some googling on "Gluten-Free Living" to see whether I can get it in Canada. OK - just checked and I can get it here but of course it is more expensive than the US as usual. One magazine I get is $28 in the US and $50 here! Not fair. :angry: I'm not bitter or anything... ;)