Apache

Tomatoes?

Rate this topic

Right now plain tomato juice is about the only carb source I seem to do okay with. I hear a lot about nightshades being bad for you while healing leaky gut/celiac damage. How do you know if tomatoes and other nightshades are causing a problem? I haven't really noticed any issues with tomato juice, and I don't do well with other fruits. I need to have some carbs in my diet so I at least have a little energy.

If you haven't noticed issues then why would you worry about it? Everybody is different in th way they heal and almost nothing applies to everybody -- except not eating gluten. I wouldn't try to make a problem where there doesn't seem to be one.

richard

Right now plain tomato juice is about the only carb source I seem to do okay with. I hear a lot about nightshades being bad for you while healing leaky gut/celiac damage. How do you know if tomatoes and other nightshades are causing a problem? I haven't really noticed any issues with tomato juice, and I don't do well with other fruits. I need to have some carbs in my diet so I at least have a little energy.

I've never had any problems with nightshades. If you don't have symptoms from it don't worry about it. Not all celiacs have leaky gut problems.

I do have leaky gut. I just wasn't sure if tomatoes could be doing any harm even if they aren't producing symptoms. Some people make it sound as though you absolutely have to avoid nightshades.

I do have leaky gut. I just wasn't sure if tomatoes could be doing any harm even if they aren't producing symptoms. Some people make it sound as though you absolutely have to avoid nightshades.

We all vary so much in issues that there is NO common denominator. Listen to your body...that's the best indicator. :)

i agree listen to your body it will tell you what it can handle or what it can not handle

nightshade for me gives me muscle and joint pain so bad even my head is to heavy for my neck to support sucks too i love potatoes lol