pricklypear1971

Dqa1, Dqb1; Very Low Iron, Very Low D

Rate this topic

My ND called to let me know results are in.

She needs time to go over them but I need more Vit D, iron IMMEDIATELY.

Genetics look like dqa1, dqbi???

Need to set up an appt. to go in.

Input?

My ND called to let me know results are in.

She needs time to go over them but I need more Vit D, iron IMMEDIATELY.

Genetics look like dqa1, dqbi???

Need to set up an appt. to go in.

Input?

You share genetic results with 95% of confirmed celiac patients, according to a lit review I read. You are also very low in D (fat soluble vitamin, an indicator of malabsorption), and Iron (Iron deficiency anemia being super common in celiac as well). It's not a DIAGNOSIS per se, but a VERY STRONG INDICATION that you are celiac.

You share genetic results with 95% of confirmed celiac patients, according to a lit review I read. You are also very low in D (fat soluble vitamin, an indicator of malabsorption), and Iron (Iron deficiency anemia being super common in celiac as well). It's not a DIAGNOSIS per se, but a VERY STRONG INDICATION that you are celiac.

What I've been reading, if I understand correctly, is that dqa1, dqb1 combine to make HLA DQ2.5????

I'm not sure - just see the 1's in parentheses next to 2.5's....

I'll get a copy of the test. Don't know how the lab interprets it.

What I've been reading, if I understand correctly, is that dqa1, dqb1 combine to make HLA DQ2.5????

I'm not sure - just see the 1's in parentheses next to 2.5's....

I'll get a copy of the test. Don't know how the lab interprets it.

Yes, dqa1*0501/dqb1*0201 combine to make HLA-DQ2.5, which confers the highest genetic risk for celiac disease. I believe if I am interpreting your results correctly, you are homozygous for DQ2.5, not at all uncommon as I said. This means that you were lucky enough to inherit a copy of a celiac gene from both of your parents, ducky. Are you by chance of Western Irish or Northern European descent? At any rate, gluten free seems the way to be for you my dear. :D

Yes, dqa1*0501/dqb1*0201 combine to make HLA-DQ2.5, which confers the highest genetic risk for celiac disease. I believe if I am interpreting your results correctly, you are homozygous for DQ2.5, not at all uncommon as I said. This means that you were lucky enough to inherit a copy of a celiac gene from both of your parents, ducky. Are you by chance of Western Irish or Northern European descent? At

any rate, gluten free seems the way to be for you my dear. :D

Irish, Scot, English, Italian, German, French.

My ND just read the results over the phone, I go in Thursday to get the details - as in how many copies...but apparently those two were +.