This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Biaggi's Italian Restaurant

Menic

Menic Apprentice

I saw an advertisement for Open Original Shared Link in a magazine. I checked their website and they have a rather large gluten-free menu for an Italian place. Has anyone tried them out? They look to have about 30 or so restaurants across the U.S. I'm specifically looking at the one in Deer Park, IL.

I'll probably try them out soon and let people know how it goes.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mbrookes Community Regular

I go to our local Biaggi's (Ridgeland MS, just outside of Jackson) occasionally. The food is very good and I have never had a reaction from it. They will even bring you gluten-free bread and your own oil to dip it in. I say give it a try!

• 1 month later...
MrsVJW Newbie

I actually went to the Deer Park location earlier in October. My family didn't *quite* understand why a menu with 2 pages of choices made me so happy, but they were at least happy I was happy.

The "bread" there is actually just their pizza crust (Venice Bakery, I think, although I am not crazy about their products it was still nice to have my own bread). They had to reheat it from frozen so it took awhile to come out, but it was still welcome. The family order some apps and we also got the carpaccio (sans grossini). I had the seafood pasta, their gluten-free pasta is green (a different color than the gluten based pastas, so it is easy to tell it's gluten-free). Honestly.... I had a bit of a panic attack after my first bite because they pasta actually tasted so good, I had a moment where I was not sure it was gluten-free. A couple of swirls with the fork and I did see it start to break apart like gluten-free pasta, so I relaxed, lol.

Only minor gripe was that when I ordered a cappucino, the waitress (not the same one who had been awsomely caring for our table) had a biscotti on mine. I simply handed that and the spoon touching it off to the husband (oddly... several people ordered coffee and *I* was the only one who got a biscotti, lol).

But overall... great experience and we WILL be back.

Menic Apprentice

I finally did make it to the Deerfield location. The server was very familiar with the menu and did offer to bring me Gluten-free bread. It was just the pizza crust turned into garlic bread, but still pretty tasty. They had about 15 entrees on the Gluten-free menu, and most were full entrees, not just the "hamburger without bun" type menu substitutions. Half a dozen types of pizzas and many pasta options. Like stated above, it's really nice to have that many options.

Definitely will be back.

• 5 months later...
birdie22 Enthusiast

Ate there yesterday for Mother's Day and was so overjoyed by the size of the gluten free menu! Wow, what a selection. I had a pizza with spicy chicken, leeks, goat cheese, bacon. It was divine! And best of all the prices were the same as the regular versions of the items. Glad to see a restaurant not mark up the gluten-free items a couple bucks.

Archived