glutenfreemamax2

What Do You Eat During The Day?

Rate this topic

I want to see what other people eat. I eat awful but I'm on a rut and need some new ideas.

I ate mini beef tacos for breakfast w/ salsa, lettuce, tomatoe. I'd love to eat 4 but i had two.

For lunch I had a small salad, beef stew w/ carrots, celery, and a slew of greens. I cook the beef seperate from the veggies and then mix it all together. Allows me to do many things with the beef.

For dinner I will work on the huge package of chix breast. I was thinking of breading it with sour cream and chive corn puffs ground in blender. Makes a great breading. Then I spray it with EVOO and into the oven for 20 minutes.

I enjoy cooking and treating myself like the Queen that I am. I only get to do this once......why not at least TRY?

Mostly I make huge batches so I can have leftovers all week. So easy to throw it together when it's cooked.

In between meals it's apples with almond butter or raw carrots or celery.

I make "tacos" out of anything and everything. My fav is kimchi carrot taco, an aquired taste for some but I love them. I am really fond of the 1/2 size tortillas I can get around the corner, 2-4 make a meal, one is a great snack! You could cut a tortilla in 1/2 but it's just not the same?

We made vegan cho chip cookies and I ended up adding eggs and white rice to spiff it up. Boy, they were too healthy!!!

And right now I am having a truley homemade cup of hot coco. A real treat.

Today is gluten-free Rice Krispies and ham for B.

Haven't decided what L will be-maybe brown rice pasta, tuna, mixed frozen veg. olive oil sauteed onion and pasley for the "sauce"

Dinner will be leftver brown rice that's in the freezer, the remains of some breakfast sausage patties that I made this week and sauteed kale.

Yesterday was those same sausage petties for breakfast, plus cooked steel cut oats with rice milk.

L was a bunless beef burger patty, oven fries and sauteed zucchini and onions

Dinner was a shepherd's pie. I made 2 individual ones this past weekend.

Tomorrow's breakfast carb is roasted baby red potatoes. I roasted them along with the oven fries yesterday at lunch.

I don't snack often.

I find I don't have an appetite in the morning. I had the day off today and loved a bowl of homemade chicken fennel soup around noon with some almond flour crackers.

I snack on nuts or seeds or fruits, some dried fruits. I like the almond flour because it's high protein, low glycemic, and really satifies the hunger. Even my non-gluten-free DP likes them.

The other snack I like every now and then is Kettle Brand Sea Salt and Pepper Chips. They're yummy! :D

Breakfast was the last piece of the crustless spinach, bacon, and swiss cheese quiche I made Sunday. Lunch was a bowl of leftover meat sauce over cauliflower instead of pasta (also made Sunday). Dinner will be some of the crockpot turkey Makhani with carrots and basmati rice that I made - can you guess? Yes, Sunday. Whatever hasn't been eaten already this week will go in the freezer in single-serving portions. I'm big on hot meals, so I make big batches on the weekends. Tomorrow I will forage in the fridge or freezer, and then start all over again on the weekend. I'm thinking stuffed shells and bean soup. Or risotto with butternut squash and whatever the farmer's market has.