Kim UPST NY

Is It The Flu Or Is It The Gluten?

Rate this topic

So i didnt sleep a wink I was anxious crampy gassy an just so uncomfortable until 7:00am but of course I get ready for work at 7:55am, where I am now feeling hungover and awful. So was it the Turky bacon The tuna & avacado with Miricle whip? Possibly it was the coffee creamer? or the Turky Bacon. or maybe its the flu? but all I know is I feel awful I hate it & i have yet met a doctor that could understand or make any effort to want to understand & help me.

If your gluten symptoms are similar to your viral symptoms, you may never know. You may also have a sensitivity to something other than gluten.

I take it you read all the labels carefully? I've seen brands of turkey bacon that declared wheat ingredients in the flavoring. I don't know about Miracle Whip off the top of my head either, but Kraft will always declare gluten grains on the label. I've never run across a coffee creamer with gluten but again you have to check the label.

Make a food diary, start writing down everything you eat (this helps because food reactions can be delayed by a day or two), and start watching for patterns. Also, get rid of as many processed foods as possible. It's healthier in general and much easier to troubleshoot problem foods like dairy, corn, or soy.

So true , and thank you I usually eat very very heathly all natural, but I am so afraid that there is something else, Like Soy, or corn I'm terrified of the Idea of not being able to eat even more stuff. I am thinking possibly the Nitres & MSG i know Sulfies are not my friend

Everything you ate sounds perfectly safe unless the turkey bacon had wheat listed.

richard

So true , and thank you I usually eat very very heathly all natural, but I am so afraid that there is something else, Like Soy, or corn I'm terrified of the Idea of not being able to eat even more stuff. I am thinking possibly the Nitres & MSG i know Sulfies are not my friend

Nitrites are kind of nasty. Happily they're pretty easy to avoid. MSG is a little harder because it occurs naturally in a lot of foods. Maybe keep an eye on nitrites?

Soy and corn are mostly GMO in the US, unless the food is specifically labeled organic. I think that's part of why they cause us sensitive folks so much trouble. You really don't have to be afraid of soy or corn sensitivity. If you do you own cooking they're really simple to avoid. Also sensitivities can come and go as your gut heals. I was soy and casein sensitive at first and now I can eat them fine. The trick is getting off foods you react to and getting the healing going.