SherryBerry72

Burning Sensation On Skin...

Rate this topic

I have been experiencing a burning sensation on my skin (my face mainly) off and on since 2002. I have been tested for MS, Lupus, and other misc. diseases/disorders.

I am iron deficient anemic is about the only thing that has been found.

I ache all over sometimes, go through stages of fatigue, feeling sluggish, etc....

A friend of a friend has Celiac and said she had burning sensations as well. I am considering going to get tested for Celiac.

What is your opinion?

I am miserable!

Thanks!

Sherry

I have been experiencing a burning sensation on my skin (my face mainly) off and on since 2002. I have been tested for MS, Lupus, and other misc. diseases/disorders.

I am iron deficient anemic is about the only thing that has been found.

I ache all over sometimes, go through stages of fatigue, feeling sluggish, etc....

A friend of a friend has Celiac and said she had burning sensations as well. I am considering going to get tested for Celiac.

What is your opinion?

I am miserable!

Thanks!

Sherry

I used to get a burning sensation......on my forearm, mostly. It felt like there should've been a visible red burn in that spot. And also a sensation that someone spilled cold water on my leg. Those are finally gone. It could be celiac, but it might be difficult to get a doctor to order the test based on that and fatigue. There are a variety of symptoms for celiac, but many doctors don't recognize anything but stomach disorders and weight loss <_<

I suffered horrible burning sensations from scalp to toes. :blink:

No one could tell me what it was. I was also red (like I had a sunburn and a constant histamine response) and had a burning face. (I was tested repeatedly, not lupus,MS etc.) I had several neurological issues as a result of gluten, but they are resolving.

It was this burning that "got my attention" back in Feb. 2008 and the first indicator that something was going very, very wrong inside me. I had other health problems and gastro symptoms prior to that but "lived with them"...Dozens of symptoms developed after that, and it took nearly 3 years to be DXed.

The burning has tamped down a bit, but it is extremely uncomfortable and is worse if I am accidentally glutened.

I'm going through the process of getting tested for Celiac disease and other possibilities right now. About a year ago, I started having a numb/tingling feeling while lying down wherever I was touched. So weird! Then one morning I woke up and my entire chest/head felt like that. My doc told me to go to the ER but they said it was just anxiety and low magnesium. How you can be anxious when you first wake up, I have no idea! At the followup with my doc she scheduled a brain/spine MRI and full abdominal ultrasound. Both were normal.

Anyway, I just started getting a burning/pain sensation in/under my skin, particularly my arms/upper back but also my scalp. I also have thinning hair. Well, I found an article that a pinched nerve in the shoulder might cause the sensation in the arms/upper back. Alopecia or hormones is said to sometimes cause similar scalp problems. It seems like Celiac could cause almost anything though. It certainly wouldn't hurt to check into it, especially since anemia is also a symptom. =)