glutenfreemamax2

Did My Dr Mess Up?

Rate this topic

So I have been gluten-free for almost a year now. I have tried the gluten challenge twice and didn't make it.

I decided to get a copy of the labs I had drawn a year ago from my dr. I was just curious. I had been gluten-free for 2 weeks prior to the test.

He only tested iga and ttg with a titer. The results were under 3 was negative, and all mine both of them were under 3 with the titer being negative.

Was this correct in what he ordered and the outcome?

Yes...your doctor messed up. You cannot be gluten free prior to the blood work or the results will not be accurate. You need to make sure you have gluten in your system. It is amazing to me the number of horrendous doctors out there.

What is the "gluten challenge"? Do you mean just staying off gluten?

If by challenge you mean you went back to eating gluten and you got sick you really do have the answer as to whether you need to be gluten free even if your doctor didn't do all the tests he should have.

If by challenge you mean you went back to eating gluten and you got sick you really do have the answer as to whether you need to be gluten free even if your doctor didn't do all the tests he should have.

Yes, that is what I did. I want a diagnosis to gain family support.

I had a ttg antibody and igg, which they say is negative. Then they ran a ttg and iga which was "negative"

They also did a endomysial ab screen (iga) Which was negutive