CarrieVanLand

Not Even Interested In A Diagnosis.

Rate this topic

Hello. This is my first post here but I have been reading and learning for a little while now. I have been gluten-free for 5 weeks now and I am blown away at how much better I feel. I still have some symptoms and I have stumbled as I learn my way, but going gluten-free is one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

I am not even going to bother with going to the doctor and getting tested and proving anything with a diagnosis. As long as my crippling anxiety, joint pain, acne, fatigue, and headaches stay gone when I am gluten-free, I will know I am on the right path. My doctor was talking about testing me for MS because of my symptoms but now I am off of 3 medications since going gluten-free.

I will more than likely experiment with the elimination of corn and dairy also. I am pretty much eating just all natural, clean healthy foods anyway.

I hope to stick around and get to know you guys a bit more, and to continue to learn from all of your experiences. 

Welcome to the board. You may find your doctor gives you a diagnosis when your problems have resolved gluten free for a while. It sounds like the diet is making a real difference for you though and that is what counts most. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome, and good for you for going off gluten! You mentioned doc wanted to test you for MS.....are you having neuro symptoms? What are you doing for them?