alicewa

Has Anyone Had Negative Aga But Positive Ttg/ema/dgp Values

Rate this topic

When I look online at others' blood test results, I often see that the tTG/EMA/DGP values are lower than that of AGA. Sometimes the tTG/EMA/DGP values are well within the normal range when AGA values are up in the 50s.

With other cases I've seen AGA values 1 or 2 digits lower than tTG values when they're both up in the 100s.

Is it possible to have had negative AGA but positive tTG/EMA/DGP values?

When I look online at others' blood test results, I often see that the tTG/EMA/DGP values are lower than that of AGA. Sometimes the tTG/EMA/DGP values are well within the normal range when AGA values are up in the 50s.

With other cases I've seen AGA values 1 or 2 digits lower than tTG values when they're both up in the 100s.

Is it possible to have had negative AGA but positive tTG/EMA/DGP values?

yes, i had absolutely ZERO AGA... a very LOW positive TTG... and a Positive EMA.. i had all the symptoms, and once i got my genetic test back (double DQ8), i decided to self diagnose. right after i went gluten free-> i got my first case of DH that lasted for 4 months.... so do not let the doctors fool u- this disease is never "textbook"

yes, i had absolutely ZERO AGA... a very LOW positive TTG... and a Positive EMA.. i had all the symptoms, and once i got my genetic test back (double DQ8), i decided to self diagnose. right after i went gluten free-> i got my first case of DH that lasted for 4 months.... so do not let the doctors fool u- this disease is never "textbook"

What do you mean by "absolutely ZERO AGA"?

And also would the DQ8 genes possibly be a result of no AGA?

Which test did you use, was it EnteroLab or the blood test?

What do you mean by "absolutely ZERO AGA"?

And also would the DQ8 genes possibly be a result of no AGA?

Which test did you use, was it EnteroLab or the blood test?

my celiac panel was done by my PCP & Gi... blood. and zero- as in - i had NONE Antigliadin Antibodies.... none whatsoever.

oh wait- it might have been a 2 ??? but it was definitely negative.

im not sure what your DQ8 question means? the genes always come first- they would not be the result of my antibodies.

i DID do my genetics test thru Enterolab.. it was a cheek swab

my celiac panel was done by my PCP & Gi... blood. and zero- as in - i had NONE Antigliadin Antibodies.... none whatsoever.

oh wait- it might have been a 2 ??? but it was definitely negative.

im not sure what your DQ8 question means? the genes always come first- they would not be the result of my antibodies.

i DID do my genetics test thru Enterolab.. it was a cheek swab

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the genes something you possess from birth to death? I was thinking you always will have and have had double DQ8.

My youngest son was negative on his IgA/IgG gliadin antibodies, but was positive on his IgA tTG. His value was 16 with 0-15 being negative. We didn't do a biopsy. He had terrible symptoms when we gluten challenged him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the genes something you possess from birth to death? I was thinking you always will have and have had double DQ8.

yes of course u have genes from birth to death, that's why i did not understand your question/comment about my DQ8s being a result of my antibodies...they would not be a result of anything other than what happened at conception