This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chebe Breadsticks

Mjohnson73

Mjohnson73 Apprentice

Oh I am in heaven!!!!!!!

I found Chebe Breadsticks!! if the pizza dough is as good I will be in absolute heaven!!!!

They are soooo good and sooooo easy to make!!!

I am eating them right now with some gluten-free pasta (quinoa) with Butter and Parmasean Cheese!

OH TO BE ABLE TO HAVE ITALIAN FOOD AGAIN!!!

WWOOOOOHOOOOO

--maya

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator

Chebe is good! Have you had Tinkyada pasta yet? That's my fav...

Mjohnson73 Apprentice
Chebe is good!  Have you had Tinkyada pasta yet?  That's my fav...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried the Tinkyada pasta and didn't like it at all.. don't know why... but i love the quinoa and it doesn't bother me at all.... I guess there is some controversy about Quinoa whether or not it is gluten-free or not?? have you heard about that?

--maya

skbird Contributor

Quinoa is definitely gluten free. Some grains like this are suspect because the facilities may also handle other gluten grains. I know that some countries don't consider all gluten free grains to be gluten free but quinoa definitely is. I eat quinoa flakes for breakfast often - sort of close to oatmeal.

Stephanie

jenvan Collaborator

I'm down with the Quinoa too (pronounced Kee-wah) :) I love using it as a pilaf or sub for rice. I'm making it tonight in fact. It is gluten-free.

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Making pizza with chebe seemed like too much work to me. I prefer to make pizza sticks with it. It's way easier and I can enlist the help of the kids. Making them is equal to rolling out "snakes" with play-doh. :) We add pepperoni, cheese, extra garlic salt and whatever else we're into. My son made his pizza sticks with chopped pineapple and bacon. :wacko:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh I am in heaven!!!!!!!

I found Chebe Breadsticks!! if the pizza dough is as good I will be in absolute heaven!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you find the Chebe? I was gonna order some but if I can get in a store I'd rather do it that way.

Quinoa...apparantly its just me who feels this way but....YUCK!

I took a few bites and that was it for me...threw the whole box away. I'm not even a picky eater...I'll eat pretty much anything...ummm except Quinoa!

Love Tinkyada though :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mjohnson73 Apprentice
Where did you find the Chebe? I was gonna order some but if I can get in a store I'd rather do it that way.

I took a few bites and that was it for me...threw the whole box away. I'm not even a picky eater...I'll eat pretty much anything...ummm except Quinoa!

Love Tinkyada though  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I found it at a health food store near me in Westborough MA...

but If you go to their website www.chebe.com you can do the store locator...

--maya

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OK..thanks. Hopefully I'll find it in a store near me. That way I can have it whenever I want :D

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Love Tinkyada though  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree I didn't like Quinoa either. Love Tinkyada though...and love Chebe products too.

celiac3270 Collaborator

To me quinoa is all right...not something I would eat for its taste, but it has great nutritional value.

Tinkyada is the best gluten-free pasta in my opinion--hands down.

Chebe is awesome...I've been preaching about them for over a year and it took a good eight months to get some people here to believe me, lol. :P

Hennessey Rookie
To me quinoa is all right...not something I would eat for its taste, but it has great nutritional value.

Tinkyada is the best gluten-free pasta in my opinion--hands down.

Chebe is awesome...I've been preaching about them for over a year and it took a good eight months to get some people here to believe me, lol. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there, just read that you had malrotation. My son had that and was operated on 9/11/05 he was only 10 days old. Wow, I was surprised to see you had it at your age, I guess it can happen anytime. They did tell me that it could happen again to him at anytime or may never ever happen again. I hope your doing well, I'm sure it must have been awful for you, I'm glad my son won't have any memory of it just the scars left behind. Take Care.

Merika Contributor

We ate Tinkyada when I first went gluten-free. Then we tried eventually all the rice noodles at the local Whole Foods store. Rizopia pasta is better! Recently, I found a bag of Tinkyada, and i thought they were kind of slimy....Made it twice and threw the rest of the bag out!

So either it doesn't keep well, or there is better stuff out there :D

Merika

celiac3270 Collaborator
Hi there,  just read that you had malrotation.  My son had that and was operated on 9/11/05 he was only 10 days old.  Wow, I was surprised to see you had it at your age, I guess it can happen anytime.  They did tell me that it could happen again to him at anytime or may never ever happen again.  I hope your doing well, I'm sure it must have been awful for you, I'm glad my son won't have any memory of it just the scars left behind.  Take Care.

Yes. Actually, you can't just develop malrotation anytime, but you develop it before you exit your mother at birth. It would be normal that they would find it in your son in infancy (maybe because of projectile vomiting or some other sign). With me, though, I had it, they didn't test me at birth despite projectile vomiting, then years went by without symptoms, then I started getting really sick from it around the age of five and progressively worse through my diagnosis about a month after my fourteenth birthday.

I was told after the surgery that there's a small chance (5% or 10% or something) that it could happen again--if what the surgery corrected came undone...and if it happens and you see these warning signs (green vomit, excruciating abdominal pain, etc.), come back immediately, etc. The surgery wasn't fun, but compared to...10 years of prior misery; physical with pain and stuff, but also mental/emotional with always being sick and not knowing when it's coming back during those short periods of relief.....ya, so the surgery wasn't too bad because I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for writing about it...I've now met two or three people on here with children who had malrotation (someone PMed me a month or two ago).

Mjohnson73 Apprentice

Ok I am officially in heaven!!

I made the pizza last night... Hubby even thought it was good! (he is very picky and doesn't have to eat gluten-free but did last night and liked the pizza.. Needed to cook the dough just a touch longer but everyones ovens are a little different....

but it was soooo yummy!!!!

Gonna order a bunch more from chebe (since my health store carries it but only a small selection...

I wanna get some of the plain bread mix too...

it was soooo yummy!

Gonna make the frozen rolls today for lunch so I can have a tuna sandwich...

--Maya

jenvan Collaborator

Boy, What's up with all you Quinoa Haters? :D

skbird Contributor

NO kidding on the Quinoa! I just finished eating my bowl of hot quinoa flakes with bananas and peanut butter (the pb was a new idea, and it totally rocked!) - such a great breakfast!

Stephanie

Hennessey Rookie
Yes.  Actually, you can't just develop malrotation anytime, but you develop it before you exit your mother at birth.  It would be normal that they would find it in your son in infancy (maybe because of projectile vomiting or some other sign).  With me, though, I had it, they didn't test me at birth despite projectile vomiting, then years went by without symptoms, then I started getting really sick from it around the age of five and progressively worse through my diagnosis about a month after my fourteenth birthday.

I was told after the surgery that there's a small chance (5% or 10% or something) that it could happen again--if what the surgery corrected came undone...and if it happens and you see these warning signs (green vomit, excruciating abdominal pain, etc.), come back immediately, etc.  The surgery wasn't fun, but compared to...10 years of prior misery; physical with pain and stuff, but also mental/emotional with always being sick and not knowing when it's coming back during those short periods of relief.....ya, so the surgery wasn't too bad because I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for writing about it...I've now met two or three people on here with children who had malrotation (someone PMed me a month or two ago).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I'm glad your doing well and they finally figured it out for you before it was to late. Yes, my son was very ill shortly after birth, life threatening & once they knew what it was he was in surgery within minutes. His bowel was twisted as well, so they put the large intestine on one side and small on the other and removed his appendix. I know the condition happens while in the womb, I just never knew of anyone that found out so late in life, but then again one of the Bee Gee's (I'm sure your to young to know who they are) died from it and he was in his mid 50's, apparently he must have thought he had the flu and by the time he was going to have surgery he died of a heart attack which was caused by the malrotation (my son's surgeon told us that story) anyways, I guess it can take time to twist up, and apparently you are an example of that with all the pain you went through...that is just awful! You are most certainly right..any green vomit go straight to your emergency room and tell them you have malrotation...green is just not normal for anyone!

PicturePerfect Explorer

Chebe is sooo yummy!

I also found this pizza crust that is nice and fluffy (most gluten-free crusts are thin). It is from the Hungarian Bakery. They have REALLY good cinnamon rolls and biscuits too. I think you can order it online, but it looks confusing. Here's the website: Open Original Shared Link

They are located in Virginia, just so you know.

Lisa

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Boy, What's up with all you Quinoa Haters?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well....after seeing how many people seem to *like* the stuff I was thinking about giving it another chance. Stephanie...I saw the Quinoa flakes hot cereal at Whole Foods and I picked up the box...almost took it...but said "nah"....remembering what it tasted like last time. The Quinoa I tried before kinda resembled little beads in a box..does the hot cereal taste better?

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Quinoa is gross.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Quinoa is gross.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Thats what I thought too...guess I'll just stick with my original decision to NEVER try the stuff again. The hot cereal probably tastes just like the little beads...nasty.

LRgirl Explorer
:lol: Thats what I thought too...guess I'll just stick with my original decision to NEVER try the stuff again. The hot cereal probably tastes just like the little beads...nasty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to a cooking with allergies class. She made quinoa and potatoes. At first, I kinda liked it. They gave us some to take home. I tried it again for breakfast. Yuck! I don't know what happened, but my stomach was not happy! My dad accidently took it for lunch. He called me and asked me what exactly was it. He said the little white things looked like worms. He was really busy that day, so he had to eat it! :lol: My favorite hot cereal is Arrowhead Mills Yellow and White grits. Yum! The White grits taste just like cream of wheat.

misskris Apprentice
I just finished eating my bowl of hot quinoa flakes with bananas and peanut butter (the pb was a new idea, and it totally rocked!) - such a great breakfast!

OMG...YUM! Such a good idea! I'm gonna try it.

Quinoa spaghetti is my favorite!!! I posted a yummy recipe for it on the "great dinner" thread. As far as Tinkyada goes, I prefer to eat it only with creamy sauces instead of tomato-based sauces. I use quinoa for tomato-based dishes. Just a personal preference I guess??

Ooooh...new idea with Tinkyada Penne (my hubby says this reminds him of Spaghetti-O's) Toss it with Classico's Sundried Tomato Alfredo - and I like to throw in some diced tomatoes with it, but hubby prefers without.

• 5 years later...
GFinDC Veteran

I saw Chebe mixes on clearance / discontinued stickers at a whole Foods in Alexandria, Va today. $2.27 a package, if that's good price I am not sure. Seems like it would be, but I have never bought it before.

Archived