alicewa

Reflux From Soy Sauce

Rate this topic

I have a very 'slight' but subtle irritable stomach and although it's not enough discomfort for me to not be able to do my stuff, I also have some reflux.

I had sushi for lunch and it had soy sauce in it. I didn't realise soy sauce contains wheat. I looked online and some say it's safe because there's hardly any detectable gluten in it. It was a shoyu type soy sauce.

I saw that tamari soy sauces are usually ok (soybean, water, salt)

Is reflux normal when glutenned? It has happened in the past when I've had *small* amounts of gluten. And do people here react to shoyu or normal soy sauce?

Well, they soy sauce you had probably had gluten in it. Also, the sushi could have been cross contaminated from other sources. Reflux can be a symptom when glutened. I get reflux when glutened.

The sushi didn't seem to be contaminated. Last two weeks I had it on its own from the same place and was fine. The soy sauce definitely contained wheat.

The sushi didn't seem to be contaminated. Last two weeks I had it on its own from the same place and was fine. The soy sauce definitely contained wheat.

I'm not a sushi eater, so I guess you dip the sushi roll in the soy sauce? I hope your reflux goes away soon. ;)

yes i dipped my sushi in soy sauce.

I get reflux when I am glutened. It sucks.