Rate this topic

I've been gluten free (to the best of my knowledge lol) for a couple of months. A couple of weeks ago I started thinking of something I used to say. I've had a "weight problem" since I was little. In my early twenties I started joking and saying I'm not overweight I'm having an allergic reaction and this is just swelling. :blink: I was predicting my future!! It's so funny cos it was true!! :lol: After going gluten free a lot of my abdominal swelling went down! :) I know I'm a nerd but I had to share :)

I understand completely. My body is reshaping itself in some strange ways, without a lot of work (other than completely revamping my diet, duh!).

• Upvote 1

You're not a nerd--you're adorable! Besides, I like nerds :)

I could not lose weight for over 10 years. No diet worked and I tried valiantly. I would joke "My metabolism is in a coma" :lol:

The celiac triggered and I dropped 90 lbs. without trying and I became emaciated and weak. What the heck was going I wondered? Now, I know.

It's funny, but my metabolism WAS deeply affected by malabsorption all along and now, I know why. I have put some weight back on, but I feel like I am not dying anymore (after 3 1/2 years) so, I am not worried about it at all.

Thanksgiving is going to be YUMMY this year! Cheers! :)

• Upvote 1

I've dropped almost 10 lbs since going gluten free. I'm sure a lot of that was bloating. I also am trying to figure out my thyroid so I still get "c" and that makes me put on weight and fell yucky :( Luckily lately I've been losing weight even when I feel bloated and huge. I hate feeling that way but as long as I'm not gaining I'm ok with that. I just want to feel better so I can work on losing a few more pounds. Hopefully when I get my levels normal the weight will take care of itself.

This is my first Gluten-free Casein-free Thanksgiving so it should be interesting. :) I'm going to make a gluten free dairy free pumpkin pie. I got dairy free butter for the turkey. :ph34r: I'm going to make some of the things I usually make but then make versions for me to eat and hire a guard to watch them for me lol :lol:

Oh man I put g f c f and it typed everything in for me. Dats so cool! lol (still a nerd) :D

Oh man I put g f c f and it typed everything in for me. Dats so cool! lol (still a nerd) :D

That is cool, isn't it!! I LOVE your username because I LOVE bunnies. :) I have a ridonkulous :lol: collection of bunnies (porcelain, furry, glass, wind-up, marble, even an embroidered pillow a friend made with bunnies on it!) and best of all, wild ones all over our property. I was going to be "rabbit" when I came on here, but it was taken.... :)

Put me on the nerd list too!

I've only got a few kilos to reach ideal weight. I'm probably in healthy range now that I think about it :D

One of my workmates is going wheat lite to keep her weight in check. ((Don't worry she isn't a pseudo celiac/GI, just took my suggestion of keeping down the wheat to help with the weight))

This morning she tells me (and I can see) how great her skin is!

Thanks! :) I love all animals! :) I used to have a bunny. He liked chasing my cat around the house. I think he had a "crush" on him :lol: I love your picture :) I have a cat that used to lay in the sink all the time lol Have you ever had a rabbit before? :)

I've only got a few kilos to reach ideal weight. I'm probably in healthy range now that I think about it :D

One of my workmates is going wheat lite to keep her weight in check. ((Don't worry she isn't a pseudo celiac/GI, just took my suggestion of keeping down the wheat to help with the weight))

If she's having a positive response to "wheat-lite", maybe she should "go all the way" !! :) Just My humble opinion!! If there had been no change, then it's not about the wheat. A positive response = gluten sensitivity. Imagine what would happen if she avoided it completely. Can't hurt to try it!

Thanks! :) I love all animals! :) I used to have a bunny. He liked chasing my cat around the house. I think he had a "crush" on him :lol: I love your picture :) I have a cat that used to lay in the sink all the time lol Have you ever had a rabbit before? :)

Just the ones that run free and sit on my porch. :) We have 7 acres...lots of animals for me to observe and call "mine" :) I love all animals, too!

NERDS are us!! :lol:

It's so frustrating cos I just want to lose maybe 15-20lbs, but it's kinda hard when you don't feel like exercising. I'm having issues with my thyroid so I'm sleepy again. :( And I felt like my skin was lookin a little better until I was put on levothyroxine and started breaking out :(

Good luck with your weight loss! Us nerds need to stick together! :D

Just the ones that run free and sit on my porch. :) We have 7 acres...lots of animals for me to observe and call "mine" :) I love all animals, too!

NERDS are us!! :lol:

If I had a chunk of land with bunnies me and my dog would go nuts! :D I'd be throwing carrots and lettuce on the porch every morning :D Sometimes I feed the birds and squirrels that come into my yard. They're so fun to watch :)

Add another Nerd to the list. Beside eating constantly (cracker, bread, etc) to get rid of the nausea I just kept blowing up like a balloon and might add not feeling any better (duh gluten). I'm 5 weeks gluten-free and have lost 10 pounds. I probably eat more now in the morning then I ever have, feel awesome and have a good outlook. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cathey

• Upvote 1

Add another Nerd to the list. Beside eating constantly (cracker, bread, etc) to get rid of the nausea I just kept blowing up like a balloon and might add not feeling any better (duh gluten). I'm 5 weeks gluten-free and have lost 10 pounds. I probably eat more now in the morning then I ever have, feel awesome and have a good outlook. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cathey

Good for you!!! Enjoy your new life sans gluten.

Gluten does not make us happy. Gluten is poison. I say...

Gluten is my kryptonite and Supergirl can't fly when krytonite is around. :blink::lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!!