Tarantula44

Hypoglycemia A Symptom Of Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if hypoglycemia can be a symptom of celiac? I have severe reactive hypoglycemia for 2 years now. My Dr did tests for adrenal hormones and found my cortisol is lower than it should be which make sense. She wants me to take 1 Isocort pellet in morning.

I guess my question is...will the hypo get better with the gluten-free diet? I have been on it strictly for 3 weeks now and not many symptoms are better yet, it usually takes longer for me to show signs of any improvement with any symptoms, but I haven't ever been on it long enough for the hypo to show improvement.

Thanks, t.

Yes. I had it--and it caused all kinds of awful symptoms in me. But, not anymore! :)

I am hypoglycemic as well-I get shaky and very irritable without small frequent meals. I am off gluten for only about a week now-I am curious to see if there are changes!

Thanks for the replies! This is hopeful! I'd love it if we could keep posting our improvements off gluten with hypoglycemia here.

I am not diagnosed celiac. I am gluten sensitive/intolerant.

This wasn't a symptom I had a name for at the time (I was very medical illiterate six months ago). But I was getting pretty bad before going gluten free. To be honest I couldn't even tell you when it started or finally resolved because I was a bit of a mental mess. I can tell you that nowdays I don't ever get it. That feeling like the liquid or nerves in your brain are dripping down into your neck somewhere is gone.

Even when I get starving hungry (I'm not nearly organised enough when it comes to shopping/cooking!!) or overindulge.

Please stick with your gluten-free diet, keep it as simple and fresh as you can and if you have any questions there are great people on here to help.

Thanks for the replies! This is hopeful! I'd love it if we could keep posting our improvements off gluten with hypoglycemia here.

You could use the forum search for hypoglycemia and see the other threads. I am sure there are plenty of discussions about hypoglycemia. It's a common symptoms that often resolves on a gluten-free diet.

Cheers!