Beckyb70

Mouth Symptoms

Rate this topic

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had mouth problems, since you suspected this problem with Gluten?

I have not been diagnosed but I have SO many symptoms through out my body.My mouth is one area. My gums have thinned out ALOT. My tongue is swollen, sore, and the top is not pink anymore. My lips are always dry and cracked.My teeth have started to wear too.

My son used to get canker sores. I thought they were cold sores/herpes but they were inside his mouth, too. He has only gotten them once when glutened since going gluten free a year ago.

I got mouth ulcers (canker Sores) all the time, I still get a few but nothing like before.

I've had mouth problems all my life but mostly noticed them the last 10 years and originally thought it was since having my twins 12 years ago but now i think my symptoms are linked to gluten! I've had really bad canker sores so bad that i took 2 lots of antibiotics to get rid of one batch a couple of years ago and currently have a lovely yellow one sticking out on my bottom lip so everyone can see it! nice! I'm currently being seen for gum disease (passed from dentist to dentist for over 8 years or so) they look at me like its my fault and ask me over and over if I smoke and drink red wine.... so sick of it! (the answer's no btw) I'm currently taking gluten in my diet every day for about 5 weeks now ready for a re-test and so far I currently have 3 large mouth ulcers and my gums have been more sensitive today than ever. None of my dentists have ever mentioned diet to me and my doctor who thinks I have IBS has never acknowledged mouth ulcers being diet related. hope this helps - i'm not diagnosed yet but pretty sure gluten is the culprit for many of my symptoms

I'm in the process of finding out if I have celiacs but I get canker sores quite often. And I have gum pain on and off (The dentist never did figure out why)