Marilyn R

Home Made Pizza Sauce

Rate this topic

This is so easy, good and inexpensive.

Place the following in a small, deep bowl:

1/2 can (3 oz) of tomato paste

(freeze the other half can in a zip lock bag to add to soup or make another batch of pizza sauce)

12 oz. (2 tomato paste cans full) of water

2 cloves of garlic (If you have roasted garlic, go for it), minced

1 tsp Italian seasoning (basil, oregeno, rosemary)

1 T. Olive Oil

S&P to taste

Mix the above together and let stand at room temp while you prepare your crust. (You don't have to cook the sauce, just mix it up.)

Note: the consistency will be fairly thin, but I find it works well with gluten-free pizzas. It you want a thicker sauce, reduce the amount of water.

You'll still have leftover sauce, depending on how thick you like your sauce and how big your pie is. I usually refrigerate the left over sauce and then throw it out a week later, but I bet you could successfully freeze it. This is the best pizza sauce I've ever had. (Adapted from a recipe I saw online at Allrecipes.)(I think.)

I used to buy pizza sauce, won't be doing that again.

I paid 79 cents for Pastene tomato paste (ingrediets: tomato pulp) and I usually have the other ingredients on hand, if not, you could substitue minced onion for the garlic, or use garlic powder. :rolleyes:

This is so easy, good and inexpensive.

Place the following in a small, deep bowl:

1/2 can (3 oz) of tomato paste

(freeze the other half can in a zip lock bag to add to soup or make another batch of pizza sauce)

12 oz. (2 tomato paste cans full) of water

2 cloves of garlic (If you have roasted garlic, go for it), minced

1 tsp Italian seasoning (basil, oregeno, rosemary)

1 T. Olive Oil

S&P to taste

Mix the above together and let stand at room temp while you prepare your crust. (You don't have to cook the sauce, just mix it up.)

Note: the consistency will be fairly thin, but I find it works well with gluten-free pizzas. It you want a thicker sauce, reduce the amount of water.

You'll still have leftover sauce, depending on how thick you like your sauce and how big your pie is. I usually refrigerate the left over sauce and then throw it out a week later, but I bet you could successfully freeze it. This is the best pizza sauce I've ever had. (Adapted from a recipe I saw online at Allrecipes.)(I think.)

I used to buy pizza sauce, won't be doing that again.

I paid 79 cents for Pastene tomato paste (ingrediets: tomato pulp) and I usually have the other ingredients on hand, if not, you could substitue minced onion for the garlic, or use garlic powder. :rolleyes:

This looks interesting. I usually add herbs to Whole Foods Pizza Sauce. Get two pizzas out of it. May try your recipe next time. Thanks for sharing it.