mommyto2kids

Anyone Ever Experience Vertigo?

Rate this topic

The last 2-3 weeks I get vertigo in the afternoon and evening. A few days ago, I felt like I was going to fall over talking to a parent after school. That would have been so imbarassing. It is not super bad, but I've come to fear night driving. The Dr. is going to refer me to a physical therapist. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Had it years ago and the dr put me on anti-vert which seemed to work.

I've had issues with this for many years. It is bad enough that I have to keep promethazine on hand because it makes me extremely nauseous. I only take showers when my husband is home and within earshot listening for me. (Had a nasty fall that left my ego a bit more bruised than my purple butt. :lol: ) Unless I'm working, which is pretty much a once or twice a month desk job, I rarely leave the house alone. I am far too scared of falling.

I also have issues with night driving. I am fine during the day but at night I find that the lights seem to just make everything spin sometimes. I love my husband dearly but not his driving, so unless it's an emergency I drive. (Shhh... don't tell on me! :ph34r: ) I just don't have any good solutions to the night driving issue.

I have sudden strong episodes several times a day, it's really rather bothersome. I wish I had answers for you but all I have to offer is an understanding of how much it sucks. I hope you get the help you need.

The last 2-3 weeks I get vertigo in the afternoon and evening. A few days ago, I felt like I was going to fall over talking to a parent after school. That would have been so imbarassing. It is not super bad, but I've come to fear night driving. The Dr. is going to refer me to a physical therapist. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've had that with migraines. I've also had it as "benign positional vertigo" where the small crystals in the inner ear get dislodged and literally bump around. Fortunately, my chiropractor knows the maneuver for helping work them out, and that helped tremendously.

Should I ask the Dr. for the medicine to dry out the ear behind the drum or just wait and see if physical therapy works. What did the med do that the first or second poster mentioned? It wasn't too bad today, but who knows how it will be tomorrow. When I look up, sometimes I feel like the floor is shaking back and forth and sinking. Not so fun.