AlexS

Potluck

Rate this topic

Hi, I just started going gluten free this week, and already I have a work potluck next week. I know I probably won't be able to eat much (if anything) other people bring, but I would like to bring something that I can eat and share with others.

So, do you have any suggestions/recipes for a potluck food to feed about 25 people? Thanks!

Whatever you bring, either bring a separate portion for yourself or scoop yours up before its on the buffet table. people have a habit of using spoons from one dish to another, holding a crumbly muffin over all the food while they grab a carrot stick with thier gluteny crumb filled fingers, etc.

• Upvote 2

What about a layered salad. You can make it the day before (it's even better).Let me know if you need the recipe.

Delimex Taquito's beef or chicken with some salsa to dip.

Hillshire Farm Kielbasa sliced in coins (pan fried) and honey/mustard dip - offer toothpicks.

Block of Cream Cheese with Pepper Jelly over the top, served with rice crackers.

Cheese tray with grapes.

Knorr's Veggie Dip Mix with carrots.

B&B Baked Beans (my fav) with Hillshire Farms cocktail sausages.

Thank you kareng, I will remember that. I'm still getting used to the idea of being soooo careful!

And Lisa, could I get that layered salad recipe? Your other ideas sound yummy...I'm exicted to hear I can still eat Hillshire Farm Kielbasa - I have some in my freezer right now :)

If you can bring something warm, lasagne or baked pasta with rice noodles always goes over well. Nobody notices that the noodles aren't wheat under all the sauce and cheese. B) It gives you a nice, filling meal too.

Thank you kareng, I will remember that. I'm still getting used to the idea of being soooo careful!

And Lisa, could I get that layered salad recipe? Your other ideas sound yummy...I'm exicted to hear I can still eat Hillshire Farm Kielbasa - I have some in my freezer right now :)

Yes, but Oh...I always seen to leave something out....

Slice Romain or Iceburg Lettuce thin and add to a large bowl (large glass bowl preferred)

Add in layers:

Lettuce

Thinly sliced red onions - one large onion

Sliced celery - a whole bunch

One bag of frozen green peas - not thawed

Cover the top of the bowl completely in Mayo or Hidden Valley Ranch

Dressing

Generously cover in Kraft Parmesan Cheese and then crumbled bacon ( whole lb).

Cover overnight in refer, and serve.

A rice dish would work also. Rice and chicken, shrimp, beans or veggies

Lentils and small diced veggies stew- like

Kielbasa sliced and baked in a casserole pan with 1 cup ketchup and 1 cup WHITE sugar. It's soo better than it sounds, serve with toothpicks.

Of course a fruit salad or platter always is welcome served with toothpicks

Twice baked potatoes stuffed with cheddar, bacon or sour cream and chives

swedish meatball made with hamburg, sm jar of ketchup,sm jar of grape jelly and a tsp mustard. That's how I was taught to make them.

This is my favorite, easy pot luck recipe. It can be made in advance, doesn't need to be warmed up, and it's healthy and substantial (you'll enjoy eating it too). I've thought people might be turned off by the quinoa, but the mango and cranberry cut any bitterness. The flavor is actually quite sweet. Rave reviews! The key is to find ripe mangos or buy them in advance so they have time to ripen.

Quinoa Mango Salad

1 cup uncooked quinoa

2 cups water

2 cups cubed peeled mango (about 2 large)

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1/2 cup dried cranberries

2 Tbl. chopped fresh parsley (optional)

1/4 cup olive oil

1 Tbl. plus 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar

1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1. Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer and drain well. Transfer to medium saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes. All of the water should now be absorbed. Stir and let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

2. Add mango, green onions, cranberries and (optional) parsley to quinoa, mix well.

3. Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl, whisk until blended. Pour over quinoa mixture and mix until well blended.

Makes 16 (1/3 cup) servings - or you can easily double it

This is me from another thread. There are a few pitch-in dinners that we go to now where it is requested . . . I don't even have a say on what I want to bring :P

This goes over well everywhere I take it. Super easy to make, it's just a matter of buying the ingredients. Cook on the stove then keep warm in a crock pot if you need it to stay warm for a while.

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (It's a knock-off of the PF Changs wraps)

2 garlic cloves minced (I use the minced stuff in the jar (but not dehydrated))

1 pound ground chicken (can make yourself using boneless skinless chicken breast coarsely chopped then food processed or buy ground chicken in the meat dept - see note below)

1 Tbsp dark sesame oil

3 Tbsp teriyaki sauce (I use LaChoy)

2 Tbsp peanut butter

Thank you for all your ideas :) Now I just have to choose which one to bring!!