dani nero

To Broth

Rate this topic

Anyone have good replacement methods for broth cubes?

My favorite broth cube used to be the mixed vegetables one. I loved putting it in spinach or mushroom soup. Some food would be sortof flavorless without it

You could try Better than Bouillon. It comes in a jar and is a flavourful concentrated paste that comes in many flavours. You could also make broth as it is very easy - it freezes well, too. :D

I make my own broth but Herb-ox beef, chicken, and vegetable bouillon is gluten-free.

http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/glutenfree/default.aspx

I also put gluten-free miso into broth for more flavor. I get Cold Mountain brand and it says gluten-free on the tub. It's also non-GMO. Be careful to check that any miso you buy is gluten-free because some brands use barley in the koji cultures.

Besides Better than Bouillon, Herb-Ox brand cubes are gluten-free.The varieties are beef, chicken, vegetable, and garlic chicken. See their link: http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/glutenfree/default.aspx I use them in my mock gluten-free onion soup mix for dips.

Be sure and check the sodium content. I saw one yesterday in the health food store, 1200 mils of SALT!

Be sure and check the sodium content. I saw one yesterday in the health food store, 1200 mils of SALT!

Isn't the salt and MSG the whole point of commercial bouillon? ;)