Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have always been a sneezer, but less so recently since being gluten free. I have no idea what triggers it. Today I am inside and sneezing but no cold symptoms. I wonder if it was the piece of KFC I had last night, or maybe the milk? Anybody have any success getting tested for food alllergies?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have always been a sneezer, but less so recently since being gluten free. I have no idea what triggers it. Today I am inside and sneezing but no cold symptoms. I wonder if it was the piece of KFC I had last night, or maybe the milk? Anybody have any success getting tested for food alllergies?

Why are you eating KFC? If you are eating like that, you are not gluten-free.

The chicken at KFC is breaded and loaded with gluten.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

HI Barry,

You can get skin prick testing for inhaled allergens. There is also a blood test for allergens. I am not sure either of these tests are perfectly reliable but they are something. There is also Enterlabs that does stool testing. Food intolerance testing is tougher though. Food intolerances are harder to test for than allergies. They involve different reactions.

Probably the best food intolerance test is an elimination diet. You can find many threads on the site about elimination diets. They test your own body's reactions which is what you need to know.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul