StephanieL

Pediatric Gi In Cleveland

Rate this topic

Says it all :)

We are Dr. shopping. Need to get out of CCF for several reasons.

Thanks!

BUmp. We really need a new Dr. Anyone know where I can look to find one?

Hi Stephanie,

Here is a link to the pediatric gastroenterology department at UH:

List of doctors

I can not personally recommend any one of them, as we use Akron Children's. I would google their names and see what comes up.

Good luck!

I have tried that. I need to know that the Dr. understands the entire scope of Celiac as ours do not ( I had to dx my DS with hypothyroid as they weren't up to it to know the two often go together).

Thanks though.

Hi Stephanie,

I am from Michigan, so I don't understand CCF.

I would try to get my daughter into Cincinnati Children's Hospital. My daughter has probable Celiac, but most definately Eosinophilic Esophagitus. CCH is one of the leading hospitals for EE. EE has a connection to Celiac. There is a recent article from the Ottawa Sun (March 28,2012) about an allergy causing hormone discovery. It primarily relates to EE and asthma, but who can say if it doesn't have a connection to Celiac. It appears that if there is a malfunction with miR-375 (microRNA) which is regulated by a gene, IL-13, the IL-13 determines wether or not to give the individual "allergies".

Since Eosinophilic Esophagitus is mainly diagnosed through an upper endoscopy with biopsy, there has got to be some pediatric gastroenterologists at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center who know what they are doing. :)

I have considered driving there from Michigan. :rolleyes:

mommida -

CCF is Cleveland Clinic Foundation.

Stephanie -

I did see on US News Top Doctors that Atiye Aktay, MD from UH Rainbow specializes in feeding disorders, celiac, and capsule endoscopy. Maybe try a consult and see if you like her?

mommida -

CCF is Cleveland Clinic Foundation.

Stephanie -

I did see on US News Top Doctors that Atiye Aktay, MD from UH Rainbow specializes in feeding disorders, celiac, and capsule endoscopy. Maybe try a consult and see if you like her?

:huh: Been there (Dr. Aktay) done that won't go back ;) I think I may have found someone. I'll let you all know how it goes. Not that I have much faith at this point.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Judy Splawski is really good. We used to take my oldest daughter to her and were always happy. She's very nice too.

I too stay away from the Cleveland Clinic. ;)

JonnyD

Disclaimer: Not sure if it matters but my oldest did not have celiac but we saw Dr Splawski for other GI issues.