youwillrise

Ahhh. Doctor's Appt This Coming Monday

Rate this topic

...to discuss blood test results. it's been 2 weeks since I had all those vials of blood taken and they haven't called so I *hoooopppppe* that means there isn't anything alarming. I find myself getting nervous as Monday gets closer. Will a gluten intolerance/celiac be detected? I don't know...in any event, I'm just ready to get on the journey to feeling better. I just hope they did all the tests I requested and that the doctor said would be done during the first visit. I should've asked during my last appt to make sure, but I had trouble thinking of too much.

Ill come back with results for help with interpretation...but I have a feeling this doctor (hematologist) might actually know his stuff. Guess we'll have to see. Ill post results here whether he seems knowledgeable or not lol.

((Deep breath iiiiiinnnn and ouuuuuuuuuut))

Good luck!

Request copies of all blood tests and keep a file on your test results. My PCP suggested this two years ago. (I didn't listen, but I should have.)

Thanks so much. They've been giving me copies of my bloodwork info so far without me having to slay anything...so hopefully they'll continue to do so. Ill ask if they don't, though.

Good luck! It's really easy to slip into feeling like everything rides on this appointment

Lol...I just realized I said "without me having to sLay anything" hahaha. Sheesh. Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Lol...I just realized I said "without me having to sLay anything" hahaha.

:lol: :lol:

Lol...I just realized I said "without me having to sLay anything" hahaha. Sheesh. Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Umm...yep that will make it easier. :D

Just wanted to add..if they tell you you're negative for Celiac, you may still want to try a strict gluten-free diet for a bit? Some of us test negative, when we do in fact, have Celiac. Let your body be your guide..and good luck!

That was my intention, actually. I'm going to try out a completely gluten free diet for a while and see how it works over time. Gluten free shopping shall commence later this week. Ill stick with mostly whole foods and keep the processed gluten free stuff to a minimum (though, I'm sure ill pick up a few things). I'm definitely listening to my body more.

Gotta admit I imagined a Records Room w/ 8ft mini-dragons guarding the hallway parting for your passage. :o

Hahahaha. no dragon can keep me from my records! Pfft especially not puny mini ones. But yeah, they've been really good about providing me with results from any tests they do, so that's been helpful. Tomorrow's the day! I'm really nervous, yet...I can't freakin wait!