Rate this topic

My daughter had ulcers where they found the celiac. The first doctor said, "Oh, it could be the start of Chrones." I immediately burst into tears. The second opinion said, "They were found where the celiac was found and I think they were caused by the celiac. She would have symptoms if she had Chrones." Anyone else have ulcers that were healed by gluten-free?

I have had in the past and have now suspected ulcers which they think were due to all the damage I have done eating gluten. No mention of Crohn's as I haven't any of the other symptoms. My son has Esophagus ulcers due to gluten as well. So yes - entirely possible its caused by coeliac.

I don't know about ulcers, I never had an endoscopy. But I had bleeding and that stopped.

Are you referring to mouth ulcers? If so coeliac disease can manifest as mouth ulcers, as can Chron's disease. It is more common in Chron's disease though. (Im a dental student and I recently had a lecture on this :) )

No, she doesn't have mouth ulcers. She had them in her duadenal bulb (sp?) which was the only spot where her celiac was found.