123glldd

Almay Cover Stick

Rate this topic

So I've been killing myself trying to find make up without gluten ...still having a hard time with unscented moisturizer. I was using neutrogena oil free for sensitive skin and was told by the company it contains gluten. Been using garnier and finding it has a smell and feels kinda icky to me. I am currently waiting on a moisturizer from the graftobian.com website where i buy my HD makeup now and hopefully that will work well. Now I'm looking for good coverstick...i was using maybelline but was iffy about it....so I messaged Almay and this was their response:

Thank you for your recent comments from the Almay website and your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, because of the way cosmetic ingredients are made and transported, we cannot guarantee that a product is gluten-free. However, the Nearly Naked Cover Up Stick does not contain any derivatives of wheat, barley, rye, oats or spelt.

If we can be of further assistance, please call our Consumer Information Center toll-free at 1-800-473-8566. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Any of our representatives will be glad to assist you.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Replies sent to this email address cannot be answered. If you have additional comments about this issue, please click here:

http://www.econsumeraffairs.com/almay/contactUsFollowUp.htm?F1=002597871A&F2=EM&

If you have comments on a separate issue, please return to our corporate website: http://www.almay.com

Sincerely,

Erin N. Short

Senior Consumer Information Representative

Anyone think this should be pretty safe to use and this is just a general cover-their-butts response?

Sounds like thier behinds are completely covered. I would use it.

They're just being overly cautious in their response to avoid being sued; no one can guarantee 100% gluten free.

If they say it doesn't have those ingredients in there, then I would feel ok using it.

For moisturizer try Desert Essence. A lot of their products are gluten free and say so on the label. I use the Daily Essential Moisturizer, and it virtually has no scent at all.

Awesome! Thanks guys :)