n1c0le

Pounding Heart, Red Skin, Numb At Night.

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

I've been down a long road to diagnosis lately. Curious if these few specific symptoms might be related. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night with my heart POUNDING, but last night it pounded all night and still is this morning as I wake up in bed. My skin is flushed red all over and as usual parts of me are numb and tingling.

Sound familiar? Thanks for any thoughts!

To me, that sounds like an allergic reaction. My heart pounding is one of the first symptoms I get before mine escalates.

I had these symptoms when I was very ill from long-undiagnosed celiac.

I do not have any allergies. I was tested repeatedly. It was an inflammatory response in me from gluten.

I can get a pounding heart, rashes, red skin, parasthesia, etc.-- from an accidental glutening.

It is rare I am "hit", :rolleyes: but it happened just last week, and when I was up half the night with a pounding heart and burning skin sensations --it was my first clue what was to come.

I had these symptoms when I was very ill from long-undiagnosed celiac.

I do not have any allergies. I was tested repeatedly. It was an inflammatory response in me from gluten.

I can get a pounding heart, rashes, red skin, parasthesia, etc.-- from an accidental glutening.

It is rare I am "hit", :rolleyes: but it happened just last week, and when I was up half the night with a pounding heart and burning skin sensations --it was my first clue what was to come.

Thanks so much IrishHeart...as if I needed any more evidence that I have Celiac... :X

Hon, there are so many symptoms related to celiac that it is difficult to determine what is caused by gluten and what OTHER conditions are occurring in conjunction with it.

I am saying I had these symptoms, yes, but they are also similar to symptoms of high blood pressure and allergies, too. Numbness and tingling are neuropathy, often found with celiac, but also with diabetes. See what I mean? I have read articles where Celiac is dubbed "The Great Mimic" because it manifests like so many other conditions (and explains why we get so many diagnoses --often the wrong ones--as we await the REAL one).

Keeping a list of your symptoms (for yourself and your doctor) is beneficial. I have a list 4 pages long. Not kidding. Dozens of symptoms developed and now, I enjoy crossing them off one by one as the months unfold.

Hey guys,

I've been down a long road to diagnosis lately. Curious if these few specific symptoms might be related. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night with my heart POUNDING, but last night it pounded all night and still is this morning as I wake up in bed. My skin is flushed red all over and as usual parts of me are numb and tingling.

Sound familiar? Thanks for any thoughts!

Have you brought this up with your doctor? Do you have a home blood pressure tool? If you do you may want to take your BP when this is happening and write it down to take with you to the doctor. Having your heart pound so hard it wakes you up could be a sign of a serious problem so do run it by your doctor just to be on the safe side.