Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roxieb73

Genetic Test Results........

Recommended Posts

ROXIE, ROXIE, ROXIE!!!!!! DO NOT go gluten-free until you get the endoscopy & the dh biopsy! If you do then you will be almost assuring yourself of a negative on both counts. You have to be actively eating gluten for BOTH of those!!!!! And I don't mean gluten light. And I don't mean off gluten a week or two & then back on gluten a week or two but FULLY on gluten.

If you don't stay on gluten until those tests are completed then you may as well forget getting the tests. IMHO.

I am waiting from doctors approval for both if he says go ahead and I can get them done soon. I will stay on gluten. Otherwise I give on both. I can't do this anymore. Although I understand totally why you say that I just don't know if my body can take anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting from doctors approval for both if he says go ahead and I can get them done soon. I will stay on gluten. Otherwise I give on both. I can't do this anymore. Although I understand totally why you say that I just don't know if my body can take anymore.

I completely understand what you're saying Roxie! Totally! But that's why I wanted to warn you; so you would know. So very many people go off gluten before all the testing is done or go gluten light or go off & on & then they just end up frustrated with the tests. Not to mention when they try to go back on gluten to re-do the tests they can rarely stay on long enough. Our bodies have stronger reactions to gluten once we've been gluten-free for even a very short time so you can imagine right?

Look, you're an adult, you can make your own decisions. You can go gluten-free now & never look back. You don't need a dx or a doctor's permission to go gluten-free. I know you have a difficult choice to make. Whatever that choice is --- we will be here for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting from doctors approval for both if he says go ahead and I can get them done soon. I will stay on gluten. Otherwise I give on both. I can't do this anymore. Although I understand totally why you say that I just don't know if my body can take anymore.

We get a lot of "I was gluten-light a few weeks before my negative test/biopsy. Does that affect the tests?" There is no answer because our magic crystal balls are broke. :lol: You'll go out of your mind wondering if you get a negative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...