Rate this topic

I got the results of my second blood test (done after 2 months of eating gluten) and two of the four were "out of the normal range," aka greater than 15 and therefore assumably positive. While I don't know for sure, I believe they were IGA and IGG, coming in at 23.3 and 17 respectively. The nurse I spoke with on the phone wouldn't conclusively say they were positive. I've been referred to a gastroenterologist and will see him in two weeks, much longer than I'd like, but there aren't very many my insurance will take.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've developed bad hip/leg pain, and I have problems walking. It hurts to walk, and I wake up stiff and achy. If I sit for long periods of time, it hurts worse. I just feel generally weak, even though I haven't lost weight at all. I was reading on here about people who have problems with muscle wasting and celiac...I'm trying to figure out the connection and if I should be taking it easy on myself.

I got the results of my second blood test (done after 2 months of eating gluten) and two of the four were "out of the normal range," aka greater than 15 and therefore assumably positive. While I don't know for sure, I believe they were IGA and IGG, coming in at 23.3 and 17 respectively. The nurse I spoke with on the phone wouldn't conclusively say they were positive. I've been referred to a gastroenterologist and will see him in two weeks, much longer than I'd like, but there aren't very many my insurance will take.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've developed bad hip/leg pain, and I have problems walking. It hurts to walk, and I wake up stiff and achy. If I sit for long periods of time, it hurts worse. I just feel generally weak, even though I haven't lost weight at all. I was reading on here about people who have problems with muscle wasting and celiac...I'm trying to figure out the connection and if I should be taking it easy on myself.

if you are available with little warning, call the GI and get on the list to be called in case they have a cancelation.

if you are available with little warning, call the GI and get on the list to be called in case they have a cancelation.

Yes, I've done this. I'm especially eager because I leave for my freshman year of college on August 24th, and have a tentative family vacation earlier that month, and I'd really like to be feeling better for both of these events.

I have these EXACT same symptoms. I am now gluten free one week and starting to feel better. Next week I start PT to regain some muscle strength. Big hugs to you I know how bad that is and the impact it has on your life. I hope you get back on a gluten free diet soon so you can start to feel better. ;)

Roxie

IgA and IgG are just some general immunglobulins,

the celiac tests are something like tissue transglutaminase IgA or IgG, or gliadin IgA Ab or the IgG version

IgA and IgG are just some general immunglobulins,

the celiac tests are something like tissue transglutaminase IgA or IgG, or gliadin IgA Ab or the IgG version

Sorry, I forgot to specify....they were gliadin IgA/IgG. :P My bad. They didn't tell me the ttG ones, but they were much lower the first time (4 point something and 1 point something).

Oh Roxie! I hope you get better....I was in pt for almost two years following a shoulder injury from swimming. They really do help, but they make you work! It's refreshing to hear someone else with the same symptoms.