mommyto2kids

I'm Having Reactions Like Gluten In The Morning And Miday And Don't Know Where To Turn.

Rate this topic

Today I ate a protein shake and gluten-free o's. As soon as I had to go to the store with my kids, I had to go again. I had to go again at the store, barely making it. At first I feel nautious and then I have to poop. I just took 2 imodium. I haven't had gluten. I just don't know. I had an Amys tv dinner last night and cottage cheese. I also had some coconut died. Should I try to find a diatitian to help me? I'm not sure it would be covered by our insurance. I just hate feeling anxiety like I'm going to get sick in the car. It is the worst. Should I try a certain diet, Palio or I have no idea. I'd love ideas of what to aliminate. The protein shake was soy and diary. Do some people have more trouble with soy than diary? I also ate a big salad yesterday. Was that too much? I would love your thoughts. Thanks so much.

There are folks that do react to Amy's because of CC issues. If your new to the diet you should be going with more whole foods and less processed.

Soy and dairy are also things that some of us have issues with.

You may want to go with more whole foods and keep a symptom and food log. Reactions can be delayed so it is helpful in seeing a pattern.

I hope you feel better soon.

No I've been on the diet for a year. Most of the time I'm ok. This last week I've had some symptoms and today was pretty bad. I also had a gluten-free donut last night. Sometimes I react to them, such a bummer because they are so good. I will try to start writing things down. But who could help me with it from there?

I figured it out by keeping a food diary. I kept track of not only what I ate, but what brands they were. Some celiacs are sensitive to lower levels of gluten than others. Some of us have problems with cc from shared facilities and some of us don't. Some of us have other food intolerances. A food/symptom journal was invaluable for me. I wish you the best with figuring it all out. We are all different, though there are some commonalities and finding people who react like you do can be very helpful. It can also be helpful to keep track of amounts eaten, cc is additive.

My first thought would be the Amy's. But... You could also have a food allergy or intolerance. I am intolerant to several foods. Just a slight amount of egg or dairy will give me symptoms like you describe. Before you do anything else, you might want to keep a food diary. Just buy yourself a cheap notebook and write down everything that you eat. Then if you have a reaction, write that down and the time as well. My reactions are much delayed. So they often occur about 16 hours after I eat the offending food.

No I've been on the diet for a year. Most of the time I'm ok. This last week I've had some symptoms and today was pretty bad. I also had a gluten-free donut last night. Sometimes I react to them, such a bummer because they are so good. I will try to start writing things down. But who could help me with it from there?

I too found out a lot w/ a food/symptom diary. It helps to be eating more simply, or you may only narrow down the issue to "one or more ingreds in this 3 inch list".

So, gluten-free for a year and mostly ok is a pretty good scenario for the diary to be helpful.

Was that the 1st time you tried the protein shake or that particular type of Amy's dinner?

Btw, if you use a smartphone, it's pretty handy for the diary when wondering what happened last time Product/Food X was eaten. Cntl-F search "food x" and Bam, I'm reading it.

Also, if this week is the worst of a whole gluten-free year, did a neighbor just get a hay delivery? Or if you have a pet, made a change in petfood? Or something else change besides ingestibles? Worth thinking about if this week worst in a yr.