MrsMcC

My Test Results (Finally!)

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone

I have been lurking on the boards from over here in the UK and posted a couple of times. I had blood taken about 3.5 weeks ago and I received the result today that the Celiac test was negative.

Looking at other people's results on the boards, I am confused as I don't exactly know kind of panel they run in the UK, but here are my results as copied from the report:

Autoimmunity profile Antigen: Tissue Transglutaminase Result: 0.32 u/mL (Normal range is 0.00-5.00) so this is negative for Celiac

Serum Tissue Transglutaminase (Xalbn) Result 0.3 (this looks the same as above but was on second sheet of report doctor gave me)

And that's it, they have told me I do not have Celiac Disease and its up to me if I want to eat gluten or go gluten free. In the UK they will not do an endo if blood test is negative.

I definitely felt better after a week or so gluten-free, so will go back to that and consider myself gluten intolerant I reckon!

Thanks everyone

MrsMcC

In the UK they will not do an endo if blood test is negative.

I didn't know that, but it reminds me that I was surprised to see just this week two forum members said they were negative on blood & positive on endo/biopsy.

Welcome to the gluten-free life!

They did not do a full celiac panel on you- but perhaps they won't in the UK?

Expect that's why celiac disease goes hugely undiagnosed! Thanks for the reply!

they should have done the total IgA too

I am in Europe too, and they usually only do one test, the Ttg IgA or the deaminated gliadin tests, I do not know if they only do the IgG version of that one.

With the ttg IgA test most labs also do the total IgA

I know many places they do the endoscopy even with negative blood tests.