Rate this topic

Hello everyone. I'm not yet diagnosed, but very suspicious that Celiacs could be my problem. Some of my symptoms seem to point in that direction, others don't. Anyways, I ordered the home test kit from Canada yesterday. I'll start there and see what happens. Just wanted to say hello. Seems like a great board but I hope i'm not around long enough to enjoy it if ya know what I mean lol.

I know what you mean. LOL

I did the Biocard test about 2 months ago. It's an accurate test. I upped my gluten for about 2 weeks prior to the test (I was eating less gluten than the average person) with extra cinnamon buns and such. I think the test says you should be having at least 1-4 slices of bread a day (at least 2 a day was recommended)for a month prior to testing. You may want to up your gluten consumption while waiting for it to arrive if you've been eating gluten-lite.

If you need to prick your finger for blood, make sure you get a big drop; big enough that it is almost rolling off your finger. When I did it, I only got about 2/3 to 3/4 of the blood needed and it almost affected my results... I had a very very faint positive line (for tTg IgA) and when I had lab work done my tTg IgA was greater than 200 (>200) when the normal range is 1-20.

A positive is a positive no matter how faint, but there is about a 25% chance of a false negative... something to remember if you are having symptoms.

Good luck. I hope we never see you again. ;):D